PDA

View Full Version : vlc skins installing

kwarcon
4th February 2007, 02:04 AM
Hi, im new to using Fedora and just generally been using windows. and decided to give linux a try and fedora is my first linux OS, i installed a media player called VLC, and im trying to change the skins, could someone tell me what is the command to moving files in the terminal. id like to move ASkin.vlt on my desktop to ~/.vlc/skins2, thats the install instruction on vlc's site.

So if anyone can help me id appreciate it! :D

Wayne
4th February 2007, 02:59 AM
Hi, im new to using Fedora and just generally been using windows. and decided to give linux a try and fedora is my first linux OS, i installed a media player called VLC, and im trying to change the skins, could someone tell me what is the command to moving files in the terminal. id like to move ASkin.vlt on my desktop to ~/.vlc/skins2, thats the install instruction on vlc's site.

So if anyone can help me id appreciate it! :D

I'm lazy so use the GUI file manager in Gnome (Nautilus) There's an option under the 'View' menu item to show hidden files and directories.

If you want to use a Terminal, the command is:

mv filename newdirectory

mv --help (for help)

Wayne

kwarcon
4th February 2007, 03:09 AM
Thanks got it :D

ryptyde
4th February 2007, 03:10 AM
Here's how I done it in FC6 using Gnome desktop:
1. go to home directory click on "view" select "Show Hidden Files" or "ctrl+h"
2. go to ".vlc" directory and open it.
3. look for a "skins2" directory if not there right click and select "Create Folder" and name it "skins2"
4. you can then drag and drop the ASkin.vlt to the skins2 folder.
5. open vlc>settings>switch interface>skins 2>select skin

You can download all of the skins "vlc-skins" zip file and then place the zip file in the "skin2" and then use the "Open with Archive Manager" by right clicking on the zip file and unpacking it in the skins2 directory. You get 22 different skins in all I believe.