PDA

View Full Version : Create a Distro DVD??

lmsmicro
3rd February 2007, 08:33 PM
I am building a FC6 system with FreeRadius to control Access points and would like to know how I can build a Distro DVD of the system (like the Disro DVD's that you build a system) so I can build multiple systems that have various Processors. Currently the Lunix FC 6 is running on a Pentium III and I probably will be loading the same distro on a Pentium 4 or an AMD system. I may also need to build a 64 bit machine for this current build I have.

I have found that I can build a mirror of my system, but I do not think that would work if I am loading if on various machines.

I am fairly new to Linux and you could even say that I am a very basic beginner when it comes to building an ISO for a DVD.

I did fins some information on the howtoforge.com site, but nothing specific.

Lynn

YellowWeasel
18th February 2007, 02:43 PM
If you want multiple machines that are the same, you need to use kickstart. The file should be in the /root directory.

RahulSundaram
19th February 2007, 03:38 PM
I am building a FC6 system with FreeRadius to control Access points and would like to know how I can build a Distro DVD of the system (like the Disro DVD's that you build a system) so I can build multiple systems that have various Processors. Currently the Lunix FC 6 is running on a Pentium III and I probably will be loading the same distro on a Pentium 4 or an AMD system. I may also need to build a 64 bit machine for this current build I have.

I have found that I can build a mirror of my system, but I do not think that would work if I am loading if on various machines.

I am fairly new to Linux and you could even say that I am a very basic beginner when it comes to building an ISO for a DVD.

I did fins some information on the howtoforge.com site, but nothing specific.

Lynn

See https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi