PDA

View Full Version : gnome-session does not load desktop

adua
2nd February 2007, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I am using FC6 (with GNOME) and would like to save my current session using gnome-session. However, each time I have the auto save option set and log back in, all I get is a black screen with my mouse cursor on it.

At that point i have to log in as root and remove the session file (in .gnome2) in my home directory, this lets me log back in normally.

Further, if I dont have the auto save option set, gnome won't ask me if i want to save my current session at log out (even though that option is set). As a result, I am unable to save my session at all.

Any help would be appreciated

adua
2nd February 2007, 06:30 PM
Hi,

I am using FC6 (with GNOME) and would like to save my current session using gnome-session. However, each time I have the auto save option set and log back in, all I get is a black screen with my mouse cursor on it.

At that point i have to log in as root and remove the session file (in .gnome2) in my home directory, this lets me log back in normally.

Further, if I dont have the auto save option set, gnome won't ask me if i want to save my current session at log out (even though that option is set). As a result, I am unable to save my session at all.

Any help would be appreciated

Sorry, I actually meant gnome session manager rather than 'gnome-session'