PDA

View Full Version : Swiftfox anyone?

chejose
1st February 2007, 11:15 PM
A few weeks ago I installed Swiftfox, and I like it since it is more like the latest windows version of Firefox.

But when I try to download a file, nothing happens. I can right click on some types of files and use "save as" and it works. But when I want to download a program or something similar the only option is "download". But nothing...

Has anyone had the same experience? Is it a flaw (bug) in Swiftfox? Is there a solution?

Thanks

silvagroup
2nd February 2007, 06:33 AM
Not sure because I don't use Firfox but do you have to install or let it know what your download manager is. Check for settings within Forefox and see if there is something like that. :confused:
Sorry I hope this helps some. Hang in there some one else will also chime in soon with some real knowledge. :)
You may also want to check the firefox website for a how to or Google.

alpha645
2nd February 2007, 07:24 AM
A few weeks ago I installed Swiftfox, and I like it since it is more like the latest windows version of Firefox.

But when I try to download a file, nothing happens. I can right click on some types of files and use "save as" and it works. But when I want to download a program or something similar the only option is "download". But nothing...

Has anyone had the same experience? Is it a flaw (bug) in Swiftfox? Is there a solution?

Thanks

Perhaps it's some sort of protection against malware executables... Is it with every extension?

chejose
2nd February 2007, 11:23 AM
The last I tried was an .exe, but I have attempted other formats. That doesn't seem to be the problem... Swiftfox doesn't seem to have that kind of control.

alpha645
2nd February 2007, 03:20 PM
The last I tried was an .exe, but I have attempted other formats. That doesn't seem to be the problem... Swiftfox doesn't seem to have that kind of control.

Perhaps you could copy the destination link to the file, directly into your URL-bar. That could be a temporary-workaround.

chejose
2nd February 2007, 03:57 PM
? I am not too sure what you mean. For example, one file that I wanted to download is an .exe file, and I am afraid that I don't see how copying that to the URL bar would do anything. I guess I need an explanation.