PDA

View Full Version : Where to get the applets for Gdesklet

bino
14th January 2007, 11:00 AM
I'm now trying for several weaks to get some applets for my gdesklets application.
But whenver I go to www.gdesklet.org and try to download some I get this error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mime_content_type() in /home/devilx/public_html/modules/dlf.module on line 11
So where can I get the applets?
Could anyone upload them?
Many thanks in advance for your reply!!

Wayne
14th January 2007, 11:25 AM
I'm now trying for several weaks to get some applets for my gdesklets application.
But whenver I go to www.gdesklet.org and try to download some I get this error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mime_content_type() in /home/devilx/public_html/modules/dlf.module on line 11
So where can I get the applets?
Could anyone upload them?
Many thanks in advance for your reply!!

Yeah, it seems their site is a bit borked :D

Now, this topic came up at least twice in the past week and I posted a link to a tarball of all the desklets I have which I haven't taken down yet. So, rather than post the link and instructions again I'm going to give you the chance to play Poirot and do a quick search for the threads :D

Wayne

bino
14th January 2007, 11:35 AM
Oops, I missed that topic.
Well for all the other people reading this topic I'v, here's the link to the post (http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=143499&highlight=gdesklets)
Thanks for your help.

Wayne
14th January 2007, 11:39 AM
Oops, I missed that topic.
Well for all the other people reading this topic I'v, here's the link to the post (http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=143499&highlight=gdesklets)
Thanks for your help.

No problem, glad you found it. Let me know how you get on with it. I can't guarantee they will all work, some of the older desklets don't with the newer versions of gDesklets. I've been pruning the file but have not gone through the whole thing.

Wayne

bino
14th January 2007, 04:19 PM
Most of them don't work. I get an error message that he can't find the the sensor for the applet and that it usually means that it is not installed...
Is there anything else exept gdesklet and the applets that I should install?

Wayne
14th January 2007, 11:27 PM
Most of them don't work. I get an error message that he can't find the the sensor for the applet and that it usually means that it is not installed...
Is there anything else exept gdesklet and the applets that I should install?

Did you extract them as per my instructions?

Wayne

bino
14th January 2007, 11:42 PM
No :D but I did now and now most of the applets work. Thanks a lot!!!