PDA

View Full Version : new problem

LaoLiulaoliu
14th January 2007, 04:47 AM
I have installed FC6,but there are some problem>
1, there is no shutdown commond,only reboot is useful.
2, I can't link to the Internet,the commond "pppoe" can not be found by the bash.
3, I don't know how to update my software.
4, When installed,in the last step,there is a small problem:
The Fedora Extras option came the problem,missing repodate directory...can't open repomd.xml,file for repository...
This option is for my netcard --ipv4 and dhcp,but I can link to the Lan net.

joe.pelayo
14th January 2007, 05:40 AM
When I installed Linux for the first time (years ago) it could not shut down either. My machine was somewhat old (AMD K6-2 based) and that was the problem (I don't know if that is your case too).

Are you using ADSL or Dial up internet? If you are using a FAX Modem (Dial up internet) you'll have to install the drivers for your device first (check the manufacturers website).

markkuk
14th January 2007, 01:48 PM
1, there is no shutdown commond,only reboot is useful.
2, I can't link to the Internet,the commond "pppoe" can not be found by the bash.
Both shutdown and pppoe commands are in the /sbin directory, you must be root (http://www.fedorafaq.org/basics/#root) to use them.

3, I don't know how to update my software.
First you must setup your Internet connection, then you can use yum (http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/yum/en/sn-updating-your-system.html).

4, When installed,in the last step,there is a small problem:
The Fedora Extras option came the problem,missing repodate directory...can't open repomd.xml,file for repository...

Again, this is due to missing Internet connection. Don't enable Extras or any other additional repository if you don't have Internet.

LaoLiulaoliu
14th January 2007, 04:05 PM
Desktop : AMD sempron 3000+,512M DDR400,NVIDIA Gforce 6100 nForce 405

I use "su" commond to be a superuser ,but still can not use pppoe adn shutdown.

LaoLiulaoliu
14th January 2007, 04:06 PM
Desktop : AMD sempron 3000+,512M DDR400,NVIDIA Gforce 6100 nForce 405

I use "su" commond to be a superuser ,but still can not use pppoe and shutdown.

Dies
14th January 2007, 06:06 PM
Use "su -"
"su" makes you root but in the current directory.