PDA

View Full Version : software install help

d347hm4n
13th January 2007, 04:54 PM
I have been having some problem installing programs out of a .tar.bz2 when i run the ./configure command in the programs directory it gives me this error

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

your swift response would be appreciated

leigh123linux
13th January 2007, 04:56 PM
I have been having some problem installing programs out of a .tar.bz2 when i run the ./configure command in the programs directory it gives me this error

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

your swift response would be appreciated

yum install qt qt-devel

d347hm4n
13th January 2007, 05:11 PM
did that it installed the qt-devel, i think that the qt was already installed, ran configure again, no dice, any ideas, want some more feedback?

thanks for the speediness of the reply

leigh123linux
13th January 2007, 05:21 PM
did that it installed the qt-devel, i think that the qt was already installed, ran configure again, no dice, any ideas, want some more feedback?

thanks for the speediness of the reply

you could try this

http://www.smcc.demon.nl/camstream/troubleshooting.html

Building problems
Qt library/headerfiles not found

RedHat users: check if qt3-devel is installed!

A common problem is that Linux distributors place the Qt libraries at the weirdest places... The configure script checks the most common directories, but can't really test them all. So, if configure complains it can't locate the Qt libraries, you must first set the QTDIR environment variable (this is a requirement anyhow). So, if your Qt libraries are placed in, for example, /usr/lib/qt-2.3.0, try this:

# QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.0
# export QTDIR
# ./configure [options]

d347hm4n
14th January 2007, 02:49 AM
where would the location of the qt libraries if i installed them via yum, what would be the files to search the computer for?
T.I.A.

d347hm4n
16th January 2007, 09:54 PM
When i type ./configure –libdir=/usr/lib/ i get past the qt error but it then halts trying to find KDE

checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!