PDA

View Full Version : "Task Bar" Not showing up on Desktop

Matto
11th January 2007, 01:11 AM
Hi. I'm a major newbie as far as linux is concerned. I've attached a screenshot of the problem. As you can see, the task panel virtually disappeared. When I click it with my mouse, I'm given the four-arrow "move" sign (sorry for the lack of vocabulary :P). The trash icon is still there, though. Any idea how I can fix this?

Wayne
11th January 2007, 01:17 AM
Hi. I'm a major newbie as far as linux is concerned. I've attached a screenshot of the problem. As you can see, the task panel virtually disappeared. When I click it with my mouse, I'm given the four-arrow "move" sign (sorry for the lack of vocabulary :P). The trash icon is still there, though. Any idea how I can fix this?

Do you want the Taskbar on your existing Panel or do you want a new Panel with the Taskbar.

If the former, right-click on your Panel, select 'add to panel' and choose 'window list'

If the latter then right-click on the Panel and choose 'new panel' then follow the steps above on that Panel.

Wayne

Wayne
11th January 2007, 01:33 AM
I should have mentioned that, if like me, you don't like a cluttered screen, with Panels and icons all over the place, then there's also the 'Window Selector'. It does the same job as the Window List but presents it in a drop-down menu. See screenie.

Wayne

Matto
11th January 2007, 01:47 AM
Haha sweet, I understand how it works now. Thanks very much. :)

Wayne
11th January 2007, 01:53 AM
Haha sweet, I understand how it works now. Thanks very much. :)

Good. If you do prefer the Window List (Taskbar) then don't forget to right-click on it (the horizontal 'grab' lines) and have a look at the options.

Wayne