PDA

View Full Version : Windows

d_wolbert
28th December 2006, 02:08 AM
I am getting pretty good at Linux--managed flash and java installations, but I am not finding where the settings are to open new applications/folders in the same window. I am getting tired of closing all of the old windows.

Also I can't find the run command for phpmyadmin so I can create data bases.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

pete_1967
28th December 2006, 02:36 AM
I am getting pretty good at Linux--managed flash and java installations, but I am not finding where the settings are to open new applications/folders in the same window. I am getting tired of closing all of the old windows.

Sound like you're talking about Nautilus' lovely 'spatial browsing'. Open your file manager (Nautilus) for example from 'Places -> Home' menu. Once Nautilus is open, select 'Edit -> Preferences' and when the preferences window is open, select 'Behaviour' and select 'Always Open in Browser Windows'.

Also I can't find the run command for phpmyadmin so I can create data bases.

Sorry, I'm not great at explaining simple things just because people can't be bothered to search for the answers: Answer is here (http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php)

d_wolbert
28th December 2006, 02:53 AM
Pete,

Thanks for the help on windows.

I see that I will have to work on the PHP for a while. When I have used it on websites, it was much different.

Later
Dan