PDA

View Full Version : Yum; metadata file not match checksum

rhka
27th December 2006, 10:37 PM
Trying to add software from standart Fedora 6 installer; getting this message: Unable to retrieve sofware information. Details: failure: repodata/comps.xml from extras: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I have installed some software with terminal and yum install (eg. *xmms*) command and it did work, but xine and gparted would not work: said: no more mirrors.

It seems I have problems to find Fedora installer adress or something.
Please help me.

Henning
Norway

d347hm4n
27th December 2006, 10:49 PM
I had a similar problem dunno how i fixed it but i did go to /etc/yum.repos.d/ and i deleted any y entries labled unstable or anything like that. The following is what i have in my yum.repos.d folder

beryl.repo fedora-core.repo fedora-updates.repo livna.repo
dries.repo fedora-extras.repo freshrpms.repo newrpms.repo

too remove a file type sudo rm -f beryl.repo

Jongi
27th December 2006, 10:54 PM
I'm guessing that there is a temporary problem with the extras site you are using

zeroelixis
28th December 2006, 12:25 AM
Try a:

su -c 'yum clean all'

and try again.

rhka
28th December 2006, 11:21 AM
I have never heard of sudo command and would be very happy to hear a little short version about what, how and where I can use it; can I rally do commands as su whithout logging in as su or am I in the wild.

Then I saw you had some distros I never heard about: dries and newrpms, can you tell about them too.
I have beryl, dribble, fedora core, fedora extras, and livna.
I will try the command: su -c 'yum clean all' and see where it will go.

And it did it.
Thanks for all help.

Then I installed gparted with this command: su -c 'yum install gparted'
I love linux! I don't even have to do a log in as superuser to use commands. Now I start to understand why some people love the terminal.

Thanks, thanks a lot.