PDA

View Full Version : Getting different library handles while loading the same library.

krishnanvr
26th December 2006, 02:22 PM
Hi,
Two different applications were trying to load the same shared library one after the other. The handle of the library is different. This is hapenning in Fedora core 3. Is there any way to get the same handle of the library when multiple applications were trying to load it.

Thanks
Krishnan V R

jim
26th December 2006, 04:23 PM
Closed Duplicate thread

bob
26th December 2006, 04:24 PM
I'd already closed the other one, Jim. Re-opened this one.

krishnanvr
27th December 2006, 10:45 AM
Hi,
Two different applications were trying to load the same shared library one after the other. The handle of the library is different. This is hapenning in Fedora core 3. Is there any way to get the same handle of the library when multiple applications were trying to load it.

Thanks
Krishnan V R
Hi,
I couldn't get any solution for my post but the threads are closed. Please change the status of the thread as open.

Krishnan V R

bob
27th December 2006, 01:54 PM
The thread IS open. Someone will probably still come in with your solution. It might help if you mentioned which libs were involved and which programs were trying to load them. From your post, I was thinking that program A was accessing lib.whatever.1 while Program B was accessing lib.whatever.2 - more detail would help.

krishnanvr
27th December 2006, 04:45 PM
I made one more observation in Feora core 3. I have a simple application which loads the dynamic library (.so file), then sleep for 30 seconds and exits.
When I run the above application twice from the same directory(with time difference 3 seconds), The handle of the dynamic library is displayed as different. Does the shared library is loaded seperately for individual applications?

Best Regards
Krishnan V R