PDA

View Full Version : FC6 Home and system icons dissapeared

d347hm4n
26th December 2006, 12:53 PM
Hi my home and system icons have disappeared of my desktop, just rebooted once and they were gone, is there a way to rebuild them?

kwhiskers
27th December 2006, 03:36 AM
I presume that kicker is still visible? Chances are you just disabled display of icons on the desktop in the Control Centre. Open Contrrol Centre and select Desktop, then Behaviour, then either File Icons or Device Icons and enable them. Personally, I like my desktop clean, so I turn them off.

If this is not what happened, then I have no idea.

d347hm4n
27th December 2006, 01:20 PM
This is at least where i need to go too look for it. Thank you, i have managed to rebuild the home icon by creating a link to url on my desktop but pointing it to my home folder instead, what would be the location of the system icon? I liked alot the way the system icon works, much better than the my computer icon in XP, any more suggestions would be great

d347hm4n
27th December 2006, 01:27 PM
Fixed

Right click on the desktop and creat 2 links to url, point one of them to /home/yourusername and give it an object name of Home

the other needs to be pointed to system:/ with a label of System. The location of system NEEDS to be in lower case, Thanks again kwhiskers