PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild RocketRAID 133 Driver Help

jester
20th April 2004, 03:46 AM
Dear All,

I've bought RocketRAID 133 and its driver only supports Redhat 8 & 9, Fedora Core 1 doesn't be supported. I've noticed that there is an open source driver for me to rebuild with FC1.

Would anyone like to tell me how to rebuild the driver with FC1 ...? Because I've not tried to rebuild the dirver like this...

Driver information: http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/brr133.htm

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jester

Jman
20th April 2004, 04:18 AM
Get the latest version under 'Linux source code'. Open the archive with Acessories > File Roller or your favorite unzipper and extract the files somewhere.

Be sure the kernel source is installed with the Fedora update tool.

Then follow the directions in the readme.txt file. Your kernel source directory should be under /usr/src/linux-2.4

jester
20th April 2004, 04:26 AM
Dear Jman,

That means I should install FC1 first with the latest Kernel updates. Then rebuild the driver...?

Thanks a lot~

Best regards,
Jester

Jman
21st April 2004, 11:31 PM
Yes, get the latest kernel, but also kernel-source. This is installed when you select Kernel Development at install or with the System Settings > Add/Remove Applications tool. Update that to the latest version.

Now extract the source archive, hpt3xx-opensource-v1.35.tgz, somewhere. File Roller on the Accessories menu works well. Then execute this in a terminal, in the directory you extracted it to:

make KERNELDIR=/usr/src/linux-2.4

It should compile. Now to install, run each of these as root:

modprobe sd_mod
insmod ./hpt37x2.o

This is from the readme.txt file.

jester
22nd April 2004, 03:02 AM
Dear Jman,

Many many thanks~ I'll try it~

Best regards,
Jester

mrcbrown
11th July 2004, 02:52 PM
Just wondering if anyone has used this same method in FC2? I am looking to build up my linux box from the old RH7.2 and had FC2 on another machine elsewhere and want to fancy up my home box - just wanting to see if anyone has had any luck with FC2.

Thanks!