PDA

View Full Version : adding gnome-power-manager to panel after accidental removal

LordHector
18th December 2006, 01:17 AM
Hi,

I saw a similar post here and I'm unfortunately in the same position. I've accidentally removed the gnome-power-manager icon from my panel. The solution posted was to go to:

System --> Preferences --> More Preferences --> Power Management

I opened the power management and switched the Notification Area to "always display icon" but the icon does not show up.

I'm running fc6. Any ideas how to get the icon back? Sorry for a rather lame first post... haha.

Wayne
18th December 2006, 01:24 AM
Hi,

I saw a similar post here and I'm unfortunately in the same position. I've accidentally removed the gnome-power-manager icon from my panel. The solution posted was to go to:

System --> Preferences --> More Preferences --> Power Management

I opened the power management and switched the Notification Area to "always display icon" but the icon does not show up.

I'm running fc6. Any ideas how to get the icon back? Sorry for a rather lame first post... haha.

Perhaps it has something to do with having the 'Notification Area' on the Panel. Do you have that? Right click on the Panel and select 'Add to Panel' and choose 'Notification Area' from the list.

Wayne

LordHector
18th December 2006, 01:32 AM
Ha!

Thank you Wayne, that was it.

Appreciate it!

hector