PDA

View Full Version : I want to see the youtube's videos

carlman001
9th December 2006, 06:29 PM
Hi,

I want to see the Youtube's videos, but youtube shows me "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player.".

So, I downloaded install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz and I started to install it.
The installer asked me the path of Mozilla, Opera and I wrote /usr/lib/Mozilla and the installation was completed.

Then I went to youtube page by Firefox and it's not working still. Youtube shows me the same message
"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player."

Please, Can somebody help me to this problem? I'm using Fedora 6 (2.6.18-1.2798.fc6). My javascript is in "on".

Thanks
Carlos

leigh123linux
9th December 2006, 06:33 PM
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=140777

this just about covers it, flash player 7 has been replaced by flash player 9 beta

bob
9th December 2006, 06:41 PM
(Jim, I hope you don't mind) - I'll cut and paste a page from Jim's upcoming 'how-to':

Getting the new flash player for Firefox is extremely easy. In a few simple steps, you'll have it installed.

1. Download the flash 9 linux archive Select "Download Installer for Linux "

Flash 9 browser plugin

2. Move the archive to your home folder if it has not already been moved there.

3. Extract the Archive by opening your file manager Right-Click the archive and chose "Extract Here"

4. Open the terminal Applications -->Accessories -->Terminal

* type

cd ~/flash-player-plugin-*

type

su

type

mv * /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

5. Exit the Terminal. Open Firefox type in the browser address bar about:plugins You should now see the flash player 9 plugin.

Got to add - in my case, I've added Firefox 2.0 in addition to the standard Firefox. So, for me, I also want to move or copy the plugin to /usr/lib/firefox-2.0/plugins .

carlman001
9th December 2006, 07:43 PM
My problem is solved.
Thanks very much. Now I can see my youtube videos!!.

Carlos :)