PDA

View Full Version : Ripple/rain effect

pgt
6th December 2006, 10:32 PM
I seen a video of beryl and this dude had like rain ripples on his desktop andwhen he moved his cursor it left like a water trail, making waves of a sort.

I have beryl installed yeticant figure out how to enable that?

Also how do u stay inside the cube and see 2 screens at the same time?

Thanks inadvance

JN4OldSchool
6th December 2006, 10:42 PM
shift + F9 = raindrops
shift + F8 = windshield wiper
alt + scroll wheel with pointer "hot" on the window = transparancy
Ctrl + Alt + dragging mouse and left click = rotate cube.
scroll wheel on empty desktop = rotate cube.
hmmm, what else...these are the main one's I use...
anyway, I am sure there are more functions and hot keys. To change hot keys/modify functions open the beryl settings manager. The raindrop/wave effects can be found under "water effects". Everything is fairly self-explanatory, dont be afraid to play! I especially like the versatility of the Emerald theme manager, a lot of these themes can be infinitly modified to create whatever you want!

Dies
6th December 2006, 10:56 PM
You have to enable water effects in beryl-manager, not sure if it's enabled by default.
Ctrl+Super (Windows key) will get you that trail effect you were talking about.

JN4OldSchool
6th December 2006, 11:02 PM
You have to enable water effects in beryl-manager, not sure if it's enabled by default.
Ctrl+Super (Windows key) will get you that trail effect you were talking about.

ahh neat, you have to HOLD DOWN ctrl + super then drag cursor! How cool is this stuff? :D

pgt
6th December 2006, 11:55 PM
what is this super button?

pgt
7th December 2006, 12:07 AM
hey alright i tried all of this including the super button.... but nothinghappens.... when i go to beryl manager I see that water thing is enabled but it doesnt start.

any help?

bob
7th December 2006, 12:20 AM
I have an older Nvidia Geforce4 MX420 graphics card and it won't do the water effects either. Most of the beryl effects work, but some are just too much for my card.

sys0pc64
23rd February 2007, 04:29 AM
Should these same commands work with Compiz?