PDA

View Full Version : Theme disabled with "Desktop Effects" Enabled

jim
30th November 2006, 12:59 AM
my theme defaults to the default fc6 theme with "Desktop Effects" Enabled. With it disabled, any theme I have setup is then used. See the attached screen shots to see the difference. The theme i have enabled without "Desktop Effects" i would like to use with Desktop Effects Enabled. Do i have to have some special installer to install themes ? I would of thought that any Metacity theme would work with Desktop Effects

ZeusZon
30th November 2006, 01:06 AM
I also had this and I also had a similar mac theme.

I installed beryl and was thrilled to see I could use WIndow Manager Beryl with WIndows Decorator Helidor(default themes)

It is running perfectly. Hope this helps.

Dan
30th November 2006, 01:10 AM
Hi Jim

Hit the same wall here on Compiz. I could change icons, but not the title bar and window dressing.

Dan

jim
30th November 2006, 01:13 AM
I rather not install beryl or anything else since desktop effects does the same thing.

Dan
30th November 2006, 01:21 AM
I loaded Beryl a few days ago. Think "Compiz (Desktop Effects) on some serious steroids!" Seems more stable too.

Dan

ZeusZon
30th November 2006, 01:23 AM
since desktop effects does the same thing

I'm affraid your quite wrong. Desktop-effects is very limited indeed compared to the vast tweaks in beryl.

ZeusZon
30th November 2006, 01:26 AM
Some notes I made along the way:

http://www.brightblueplanet.com/fedora6/#mozTocId299583
Might be some use to you if you wish to install.

jim
30th November 2006, 01:47 AM
ok so i installed beryl from extras one question, How can i shrink a window? i mean grab the corner and make it smaller so far it doesn't respond the mouse cursor turns to a double arrow but the windows doesn't change size.

ZeusZon
30th November 2006, 01:51 AM
beryl-manager
And enable the box 'resize window'

Incredible it isn't enabled by default. Have you got your theme working ok with beryl?

AlexThomson_NZ
30th November 2006, 01:52 AM
jim- I have the same problem, but only occasionally, I suspect it is a beryl bug. I can resize if I adjust the window height and width seperately though- weird.

nick.stumpos
30th November 2006, 02:55 AM
the themes are changing, because you are loading a different wm and the other themes you have installed are for metacity

ZeusZon
30th November 2006, 03:04 AM
the themes are changing, because you are loading a different wm and the other themes you have installed are for metacity

It is possible to combine both metacity and beryl using the beryl manager drop down menu list.

Effects and performance combined.