PDA

View Full Version : gnome power-manager error!

Exceed
23rd November 2006, 11:25 AM
I've started my Fc6 and after login i receive this message:
GConf schema installer error, battery_low_percentage cannot be zero.

Can anyone help me?

Jim Rockford
19th January 2007, 12:15 AM
I've started my Fc6 and after login i receive this message:
GConf schema installer error, battery_low_percentage cannot be zero.
Can anyone help me?
------------------------------------------------

First, open the Gnome configuration editor (Applications-->System Tools --> Configuration Editor) and search under "apps/gnome-power-manager" for the "battery_percentage_low" key (thanks to user 'seve' for this tip). If it's 0 then set it to 10 (or at least something non-zero). I believe it's just a warning for laptop users that tells you when a warning should appear when the battery has run down to a particular percentage of charge remaining. For desktop users it should be irrelevant.

I'll add that I got the exact same error message that you did, a warning about "battery_low_percentage." Notice that the gnome configuration entry is called "battery_percentage_low" (the last two words are transposed!). This may have been the source of the problem, probably just a bug in the gnome power manager.

However, in my case I was unable to use the gnome configuration editor to modify this entry. I couldn't find it there. I fixed the problem by using yum to uninstall the package "gnome-power-manager" and then I immediately reinstalled it. I also updated to the newest kernel -- 2.6.19-1.2895 -- which I'm not sure has anything to do with this issue. After a reboot the warning message disappeared, and I verified that the Gnome configuration editor then showed the "battery_percentage_low" entry, unlike before. So, try this.

Jim