PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Recover From Suspend

sirius56
22nd November 2006, 02:46 AM
The Suspend function does not work for me as it should. One would expect that recovering from Suspend is accomplished by moving the mouse or pressing a key.

I have a super FC6 system except for one bug-- recovering from Suspend. My Suspend works somewhat like a black hole-- once I enter the Suspended state, I am trapped. I can only get out of that state by hitting the Reset button--not a good practice.

When I click on Suspend, my display instantly goes blank and the CPU power is turned off. That's good. My system probably enters an S3 (suspend to RAM) state. Afterwards, I can't get out of the Suspended state. Pressing any keys or the power button does not awaken my system. Only the Reset button rescues me.

Here is some additional information:

- My Intel BIOS supports ACPI. Two states are available, S1 and S3. I use S3.

- apm service is off

- acpid service is enabled

- Linux command (in root) acpi results in "Command not found"

- Linux command (in root) acpid results in "Can't open /proc/acpi/event: Device or resource busy"

- haldaemon and messagebus are enabled

- chkconfig --list | grep acpid results in
0:off 1:off 2:off 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off

- latest kernel, 2.6.18

- had the same Suspend problem with FC5 and the current kernel

Any wisdom will be appreciated.

Amitava
22nd November 2006, 08:46 AM
I m using FC5 and suspend function is working fine with me. So there might be some other problem either
in ur configs or hardware.

icantux
2nd December 2006, 03:41 AM
Hmmm.

Count me in as someone else with a suspend problem (FC6) - on a laptop, however (Thinkpad T42).

I can invoke "suspend" by either click of a button or closing the lid, but the computer won't wake up properly from the suspended state. All I get is a black screen and nothing else except for constant hdd activity.

Suspend worked fine on FC5 though.

** EDIT: found a solution here:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=139897