PDA

View Full Version : Typing Sounds for gaim?

BertOlton
22nd November 2006, 01:47 AM
New to Fedora and enjoying the heck out of it. Have been doodling with gaim and was disappointed in just one feature - or rather lack of feature. One of the things I've always liked about ICQ are the typing sounds. Is there a 'typing sounds' add on for gaim? I did check the Fedora Extras repository, but didn't see anything.

Best regards,
Bert

Hiro Takahama
22nd November 2006, 02:22 AM
New to Fedora and enjoying the heck out of it. Have been doodling with gaim and was disappointed in just one feature - or rather lack of feature. One of the things I've always liked about ICQ are the typing sounds. Is there a 'typing sounds' add on for gaim? I did check the Fedora Extras repository, but didn't see anything.

Best regards,
Bert
Wow... you -enjoy- those sounds? :eek:

BertOlton
22nd November 2006, 04:29 AM
Hello Hiro,

Yes, believe it or not, I do. I'm so old that I grew up typing on an actual mechanical typewriter (not electric/mechanical, genuine straight mechanical!). I still have one and would use it more if I could only get the platton replaced! But, short of that, these silent electronic keyboards are awfully boring. ICQ's clicking keyboard sounds are terrific. Would love to install them into gaim!

Bert