PDA

View Full Version : nomad (nmeditor) not working yet (java issue)

electroconvulsi
8th November 2006, 01:58 PM
I have recently installed NOMAD "nord modular editor" and am getting the following output. Using the command which was provided by the author of the software.

java -jar nomad.jar

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun.misc.Service
at net.sf.nmedit.nomad.theme.plugin.ThemePluginManage r.getThemes(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.nmedit.nomad.theme.plugin.ThemePluginManage r.getProvider(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.nmedit.nomad.theme.plugin.ThemePluginManage r.getDefaultProvider(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.nmedit.nomad.theme.plugin.ThemePluginManage r.getDefaultUIFactory(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.nmedit.nomad.core.nomad.NomadEnvironment.lo adDefaultFactory(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.nmedit.nomad.core.nomad.NomadEnvironment.st artInternal(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.nmedit.nomad.core.nomad.NomadApplication.st artInternal(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.nmedit.nomad.core.application.Application.s tart(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.nmedit.nomad.core.application.Application.c reate(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.nmedit.nomad.core.nomad.Nomad.main(Unknown Source)

From trawling around google I found a thread at Ubuntu Forums that said it had something to do with my default java version and the XML parser that is supposed to be part of that package. I have installed jre 1.5.0_09 from the java website and when I go to their test page it says I am using that version. However if I run the command:

alternatives --config java

It returns:

There is 1 program that provides 'java'.

Selection Command
-----------------------------------------------
*+ 1 /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.4.2-gcj/bin/java :eek:

Where is version 1.5.0_09 and how do I set it as the default Java package so I can use this editor?

JRE 1.5.0.9 is actually installed in /usr/java/jre1.5.0_09 and isnt listed as an alternative so I may need to be able to link to the alternatives.

Im also using seq24 to run the rest of my MIDI stuff and it has been working very well since I figured the program change and bank change values are -1 the actual value. Getting this working is one of very few issues I have left with Linux for Audio and when Ive done so goodbye Windows forever. Yeah theres also the issue of getting a Waldorf Pulse editor happening in Linux and it would be ultimate if Ableton wrote a Linux port of Live (fat chance) but getting the necessary libraries for it to run in WINE would be a satisfactory comprimise.

Anyway first things first can anyone help me get the Nomad Nord Editor going first?

electroconvulsi
10th November 2006, 05:31 AM
OK I know what I have to do to fix the java issue just knowing how to do it is the problem. I have to set a path for the java in /usr/java so its path is recognised when I use the alternatives --config java command.

Can anyone tell me how to set up this path?