PDA

View Full Version : Plugin Conflicts for Mozilla

kingss46
21st February 2004, 06:01 PM
I don't know if this is a common problem, but recently when I tried to view mpegs or other video-files with Mozilla, it freezes completely. Before, it never used to open a new window and would just replace the current window (which I was fine with), but I believe after a recent update of the plug-ins, it attempts to open a seperate browser window just for the video. I'd be ok with it, but it seems to jam every single time, so in order to view videos, I have to download them and view them in an external program.

Though, when I checked the plug-in info in the browser, there are two different plug-ins for the same function. One is the Mozilla plug-in (which was there before) and now I have a set of gstreamer plug-ins (which I guess I dl'ed when updating my software). I'm no where close to understanding programs and bugs, but i guess it would be safe to assume they are conflicting with eachother.

What does one suggest to remedy my dilema? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you need more info, I'll gladly provide it if you tell me how.

Signed
KingSS46

iprsvp
21st February 2004, 10:16 PM
You can create another account in which you can try one type of mozilla plugins. And figure out the best one for you.

Before you go ahead cleanup your plugins in the current user view. Copy the gstreamer plugins from .mozilla/plugins or /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ to a safe place. And copy them back to your new user's .mozilla/plugins/ director to try them out. And then figure out the best one.