PDA

View Full Version : Terminal Services Client Applet

kama
31st October 2006, 11:07 AM
Hey

What happend to the Terminal Services Client Applet in FC6? I can run tsclient without problems but i cannot add the applet with "Add to panel.." - usually it appears in the list.

Thomas

wdgiles
31st October 2006, 01:37 PM
Just add a custom command and enter the tsclient command in the box, set your icon and it should work.

On my system, it appears under the Internet submenu. I had to click on Applications, then Internet to find the icon to add to the menu.

kama
31st October 2006, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah, that's what i have done already in lack of the applet. The applet gives you a left-click drop-down with servers.

kama
3rd November 2006, 10:08 AM
It has been there for all previous Fedora releases - somebody must surely know what i'm talking about???

Seve
3rd November 2006, 10:53 AM
Hello:
Right click add to panel
Application Launcher
Internet

Seve

kama
3rd November 2006, 11:13 AM
Hi!

That's what i'm using now (application launcher), but it's the applet i'm looking for. When clicking the applet (that i'm missing in FC6), you get a dropdown with servers to connect to. Where has the applet gone?

Seve
3rd November 2006, 11:18 AM
Hello:
Is what you looking for: /Places/Connect To Server/
I comes up with a drop down to connect to ftp ssh etc. etc. and all the usual items.

Seve

kama
3rd November 2006, 11:53 AM
No, that's not the one. It's a quick profile launcher - left clicking the applet gives a dropdown with servers (profiles) to connect to. I used it in FC4 and FC5.

jgxenite
3rd November 2006, 12:08 PM
Kama,

I know what you mean. In FC5, you can add a "Terminal Services Client" applet to the taskbar. I was going to say have you got the Terminal Services Client installed, but obviously you have if you can run tsclient.

I'm afraid I can't help you with where it has gone now.

James

harp2812
21st March 2007, 11:27 PM
I miss it too... that was one of the handiest applets I had on my toolbar, and I've been looking for a way to get it back. I'm starting to consider hacking my own solution, if I find some spare time.

kama
22nd March 2007, 09:08 AM
At least someone knows what i'm talking about :-) Have you tried finding out why it doesn't exist anymore? I sent an email to the author but never got an answer...