PDA

View Full Version : Output video to television with FC6?

McLite
31st October 2006, 09:37 AM
I have FC6 x86_64 installed, and an X800GTO PCI-E video card. Does anybody know how I can enable my video out through the VIVO port to my TV? I'd like to watch some downloaded videos on my TV...

Thanks!

McLite
10th November 2006, 04:28 AM
Anybody? :( I installed fglrx from livna ... I tried various configurations in xorg.conf, nothing has worked!
My TV is connected via the composite output on my VIVO cable.

So does anybody know what entries I need in xorg.conf, or which commands I need with aticonfig? I read through the --help, tried a lot of combinations, couldn't get it working... :|

Also, what is with the black boxes when I minimize a window with the fglrx driver? That didn't happen with the radeon driver. Can TV-output be done easily with radeon?

u-noneinc-s
10th November 2006, 05:17 AM
I don't know if Linux (or at least Fedora) supports tvout. This is the 3rd thread I've seen in a couple months and have yet to see an answer/solution.

McLite
10th November 2006, 06:59 AM
Got it working: :)

sudo aticonfig --tvf=NTFS-M --tvs=VIDEO --force-monitor=tv
Or use PAL-I, etc, in place of NTFS-M.

Those stupid black boxes are still there, though... anybody here know anything about that?

u-noneinc-s
10th November 2006, 07:14 AM
Once again I didn't see what I read :rolleyes: I was just thinking Radeon and didn't even see the VIVO or fglrx from livna comments. I'm with an old ATI/Radeon 7000 (with tv out) and was not familiar with VIVO (until I just looked it up) Never-the-less...
Thread bookmarked for the next time it's asked, thanks for posting ;)