PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior on desktops icons

benjie1
30th October 2006, 08:36 PM
My "Home" desktio icon says malformed URL home:/ The same icon in the taskbar opens Thunderbird. The "System" icon on the desktop says "The file or folder system:/. does not exist. And finally the "Trash" icon says malformed URL trash:/ I'm a newbie and if I knew how to take and send you a screenshot I would do it. Seems like a very strange thing goin on here. :( Is there a Gremlin in there doing things do drive me crazy? (LOL) Appreciate your help. Thanks very much.

Had mentioned this before under software, but the icons are doing different things and trash just started to act strangely. As a Newbie I thought that General support was the proper place for this type of problem. Hope that doesn't cause confusion for you. Thanks again. The home and system icons were opening Thunderbird when I posted this problem under software. Now they are doing what I listed here, Drives me crazy. Thanks again. Maybe this should be under " cryptic icons" if there were such a category. Thanks. :-)

ssc1997
30th October 2006, 09:50 PM
Can you take a screenshot?

Dan
30th October 2006, 10:03 PM
Hi Benjie1

In order to take a screen shot, just hold down the [ALT] key and tap the [Print Screen] key.

benjie1
31st October 2006, 12:42 PM
OK. Will try to take a screen shot of the home icon.

snapshot2.png

I took a screenshot and it appeared on the desktop but couldn't get the picture in here. Just able to get the file above. Guess I need more help to get the actual picture here and reasonably close up. All I got was a pic of the whole desktop with the error malformed url which you can hardly see. Thanks again. Will follow your suggestions to post the real picture. :-)

benjie1
31st October 2006, 08:50 PM
Hi. this time I think I ahve the screenshot of the error message that occurs when I click the Home icos. Hope you can see it . The earlier one probably didn't work. Newbie here and trying to get it so you can see it. Let me know if this is what you want. Thanks.

screenshot 4.png Home Icon malformed URL.png

Dan
31st October 2006, 09:19 PM
Benjie, we're not getting your screenshots.

Let's see if we can get this figured out. First, scroll up to your last post. Then click "edit" on the blue title bar. When the page loads, scroll past your message in the edit box, to the section that says "Additional Options." Then locate and click the "manage attachments button. When the little dialog window opens, click "Browse." Then surf to your desktop in the dialog, and double click the screenshot. Then click "Upload." Then tick "close this window" and then click "Save Changes"

We should get the screenshot.

If you hit a snag, post again.

Dan

benjie1
1st November 2006, 06:43 PM
I followed your instructions and sent 3 screenshots. One of Home icon, the other of Sysyem and Trash icons. Hope they get to you OK this time. Sorry to be so uninformed about how to do this. All part of the learning process. Thanks Dan. Bob

benjie1
6th November 2006, 08:04 PM
Hopefully Tangled Web will see this post. I did re-send the screenshots following your great instructions. Just was wondering if you got them OK. If not, I'll try again. Thanks. :-)

Dan
7th November 2006, 07:08 AM
Hi Benjie1

Yes. I finally got back to you. Sorry about the delay. Uhm... Your screen shots should be showing up right here in this thread. If you can't see them, here, they didn't make it. I've got to be gone tomorrow, but when I get back (Thursday) we can try again.

The following screenshots should help. These are the screens you should see when you upload screenshots. And they should show up, just like these did.

Dan

benjie1
7th November 2006, 07:18 PM
I saw your screenshots but to be sure, I'll send mine again. See you Thurs or whenever you have time. Thanks very much.

benjie1
7th November 2006, 07:28 PM
Sent them again and it seems to be doing its thing, with the browse, in manage attachments. I found the icons, doubled clicked it and it showed the location in the browse window, ticked upload, then close this window and then save changes. It seem to work, but I can't see that they were sent to you. Maybe it doesn't let me see them, but you will . hopefully. Thanks again.

benjie1
20th November 2006, 06:19 PM
Just wondering ig the srreenshots ever worked so you could see them. If not, let me know and I'll try again. Thanks very much. :-)

Dan
20th November 2006, 08:42 PM
Hey! Hi again Benjie.

Sorry, I missed you. I"ve had some issues in my own system lately :p

Nope. They didn't make it. If they had, you would be able to see them here too. The screens I posted above are not in order, (sorry about that,) but they do show most of the steps to get a screenshot up here. Give it another go!

Dan

benjie1
21st November 2006, 02:49 PM
home.png System icon.png Trash icon.png

I tried to get the screenshots following you instructions but all I got was "file too large." All I did was click the home icon, and then the error message appeared on the desktop. So I guess I need to have you tell me what to do with that box. It is a small box saying Error: malformed url. That's all. it can't be that big a file. It says the file is 1.77MB Guess it's trying to send the whole desktop. I just wanted to send the error message. Do I need to save it somewhere or use a terminal window to get this screensot to you? :( Will keep trying. Thanks again. Seems I'm close. Just need to get the file to the right size. I did see files of .png The above fies were pasted from a terminal window but that obviouslt didn't work All the other attempts in the upload window didn't work cause of the "file too large" message. Take care. Thanks again. Bob

benjie1
22nd November 2006, 08:36 PM
Just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. And thank all of you for the help I've received. It's appreciated, believe me. Will continue to try and send a screenshot of the icon if I can find out why it doesn't work. Enjoy the Holiday. :-) Bob

Dan
22nd November 2006, 08:46 PM
Just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. And thank all of you for the help I've received. It's appreciated, believe me. Will continue to try and send a screenshot of the icon if I can find out why it doesn't work. Enjoy the Holiday. :-) Bob Thanks for the good wishes, Bob. I'll sit down tonight and write up a tutorial with illustrations and fire it to you. I've been meaning to do that anyway.

Best Wishes to you and yours too!

Dan

JN4OldSchool
22nd November 2006, 09:04 PM
Hey Dan, what is that theme in your screenshot? The brushed stainless look? Is that Gnome or Beryl? I dig that, thats really cool!

edit: Oh, ok, now that I study it it is just a firefox theme. What does your desktop theme look like? Does it match? That is so slick, exactly the look i was going for.

Dan
22nd November 2006, 09:15 PM
Neither. It's a theme for Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3721/

Dan

EDIT: The Desktop theme was a gnome theme called "hacked".

EDIT2: I've been thinking of taking the theme elements, like the metal scroll bar control, and integrating them into a theme based on Hacked. I'll let you know when I get it done, but it's 72 degrees and sunny out today, and I've got a brand new chainsaw, so it'll be a while before I spend the whole day sitting here GIMPing. And tomorrow it's Turkey, Laughter, Ball Games, and naps on the schedule. Doubt I'll even turn this thing on. :p

Dan

JN4OldSchool
22nd November 2006, 11:35 PM
I hear ya Dan. I am using Beryl and am actually quite happy with one of those themes. Beryl even allows you to modify things to an extent. So I got the FF theme (got FF 2.0 also BTW!) and then matched the Beryl theme I have been using to it. The only thing I am not real happy with is my KDE bottom panel, but I also dont know if I am going to keep this or not. I prefer the FF little fox theme and the lighter colored panels. This is kinda busy. Still a cool screenshot with your screenshot! Check this all out:

Dan
22nd November 2006, 11:59 PM
Now, that's a nice looking setup! Haven't messed with Beryl yet. Although, it looks a heck of a lot better than the normal nasty KDE task/menu bar. :D

benjie1
23rd November 2006, 01:15 PM
Just received the second post in my email for JN4OldSchool. Have no idea why I got this but haven't received the info on posting a screenshot, which is giving me problems. Guess that things got mixed up with me and JN4OldSchool. Hope it can be straightened out. :-) Enjoy the Holiday. Bob Benjamin

Dan
23rd November 2006, 02:15 PM
Morning Benjie

That's because after I chatted with JN4, I tossed in the towel last night and went to bed. My eyes crossed and my head fell down on the keyboard! :P

So, I'm back up working on it.

Dan

multescugeorge@
23rd November 2006, 02:25 PM
just a thought benjie1, but make a screenshot as you see fit, then start gimp and crop the areas you don't want, then save the file as a .png or jpg, that ought to make it small enough for the forum to "eat" it.

benjie1
23rd November 2006, 03:29 PM
Dan, take the day off. I am. LOL Off to see the grandkids soon. The 3 yo is wild and loves to play with toys like letters, numbers, animals etc. I can deal with that. :-) Will check tomorrow and hope to make a screenshot successfully. Will try the suggestion from multescugeorge using gimp. Will give that a shot too tomorrow. Thanks guys. Bob

JN4OldSchool
23rd November 2006, 03:57 PM
Benjie, you got the email because you have your forum usercp set to notify you whenever anyone answers to a thread you post in. This way you know when you recieve an answer (or a frivilous post like mine was) without having to check the forum. As far as the screenshot, you can also right click on the picture file (wherever it is, hopefully /home) and "open with" "the gimp" then go to the menu bar along the top and click on "image" Then "scale image" and bring the top box down to something like 840 pixels instead of the 1000+ it is now. Then go under "file" and "save" this should cut down the size of the file nicely allowing you to post it here.

benjie1
23rd November 2006, 04:15 PM
I guess it really is helpful to get posts from others about the problem. I will try to follow your instructions re: the gimp. Prob is I can't open the home dir. if I click the icon, it gives me a small error box saying malformed url. That's the prob. And I haven't been able to get a screenshot if that to send. Will try tomorrow. Thanks. Bob

benjie1
24th November 2006, 02:50 PM
Well, somehow I got a screenshot and I see it but it isn't in this post. it is in the one prior to this from yesterday. If you get it, great. if not, I'll try again. Thanks. Got the screenshot using gimp and the instructions from Dan and what I found worked. Yikes. LOL

benjie1
24th November 2006, 08:04 PM
I know it's soon but I'm anxious to know if you got the screenshot. I see it in yesterdays post. Hope it helps solve the prob of not being able to open the folders of home, system and trash. All those icons do the same thing: malformed url. Hope there is a common solution to the problem. Other desktop icons work as they should. LOL Hope you understand my anxiety to finally get a chance to find out what's wrong. and that I think the screenshot is there. Finally. :-) Take care. bob

Dan
24th November 2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Benjie!

Great job on the screenshot! We got it just fine. Now, Just for the fun of it, right click one of those nasty misbehaving icons, and if you can, get a screenshot of the file, and permission tabs of the dialog box that opens. The best way to get a single window or box shot, is to click once on the title bar, then hold down the Alt. key and stab the Print Screen / SysRq key. That should shoot just the window you clicked on.

I've got to whizz out and get the wife for lunch, but, how many icons do you have on your screen, and what are they for? Back in a few hours.

Dan

benjie1
24th November 2006, 10:01 PM
Hi Dan. it's almost dinner time here (EST) and so I'll try and get the screenshots like you asked over the weekend. There are 3 that misbehave: home, system and trash. The others, are Gimp, Mozilla 1.7.13, Firefox, Thunderbird, Open Office, Terminal window, Konqueror, and the unimportant iomega zip, and file manager. They all work fine and open the programs they are supposed to, except for the iomega zip, which I don't need or use. So File manager opens that, Moz opens Mozilla, Gimp opens Gimp etc. Just those 3 above are crazy. Hopefully i'll get the others to you over the weekend. Will try to send all 3 with file and permission tabs. Thanks. Have a great weekend. Bye for now. Bob

benjie1
25th November 2006, 08:21 PM
It's Saturday and had time to send the Home icon error plus the 4 tabs with the contents that it shows, all from the Home icon, by rt. clicking, then properties, and the tabs. Hopefully next week you guys can find out what's wrong. Didn't send the system or trash icons yet. I have the strange feeling they are the same. Get the malformed URL with them too. Can always do a screen shot on them now that I am better at this. :-) Thanks guys. Have a good weekend. Bob

Dan
25th November 2006, 08:26 PM
Hi Bob, Just popped in for a minute. Try this:

On the URL tab of your home icon, change the URL to " /home/benjie1 " (without the quotes) and see if it works. Just a guess, but worth a try.

Dan

EDIT: That's worth a try to troubleshoot, but I think I have an idea what went wrong, But it'll take some bigger brains than mine to fix it. Lemme call in the big guns! I think your localhost/home setting is screwed up.

Dan

benjie1
25th November 2006, 10:07 PM
Dan, it didn't work. What happened was it opened Moz. Thunderbird. That seems real crazy to me. But it didn't give the malformed url error. Thanks. Will catch you next week. Tomorrow is Patriots football. They will beat the Bears. I'm from RI and so am a Pats fan. :-) Thanks for the help. Talk to you again soon. Bob

Dan
25th November 2006, 10:12 PM
Well, that tears it! I know I've seen that error before now, But I'll be dipped if I can remember where. I'll do a search or two and see if I can turn it up. And... About the Patriots... I'm pulling for 'em too!

Dan

Dies
26th November 2006, 05:59 AM
Well this suggestion might seem a little drastic and I haven't read through the whole thread so take it for what it's worth but wouldn't it be easier to just grab your personal stuff and re-create this user - delete the user and then add him again - or even just delete the .gnome and .gconf related stuff to force a re-build.
Tangled it seems you've been following this, so do you think that would help his problems?

JN4OldSchool
27th November 2006, 01:46 AM
well, I for one fully agree. I like to figure things out, find out why something is screwed up and maybe learn from the experience. But there soon comes a time when the problem becomes annoying, you get fed up, run out of ideas, get tired of google and the forum and trying to explain an arcane problem in a post that few are even going to fully comprehend let alone know how to solve. When the rubber meets the road it is usually quicker to just do like you say. Create a new user, reinstall Gnome or KDE or even worst case just reinstall FC6! I learned this from Windows. Instead of spending days trouble shooting a problem that you may never solve or never be assured wont come back you can just spend the 4 hours reinstalling and have a fresh, crisp clean install for your effort. Granted this is Windows and Linux is a lot more stable and easier to fix, but old habits die hard.

benjie1
29th November 2006, 08:28 PM
Hi Dan. Well just wonder if there weere any ideas with the icons. Home icon now opens Thunderbird after I changed the URL as you said. A couple of other users have suggested starting over cause it's easier. Doesn't matter to me. Have FC5 on DVD and I'm using KDE in case you want me to re-install it. Would need help with that. If it can be fixed, that would be great so I don't lose all the things taht I have already like browser prefs, bookmarks. email etc. Or maybe that won't happen. Let me know. And BTW, the Pats won. Beat the Bears in a sloppy game. Thanks again. Bob

Dan
29th November 2006, 08:38 PM
Hi Benjie

Yeah! I found what I thought I'd seen... And it isn't going to help.

How much work will it be to start fresh? Will you lose much?

JN4 has a good point. First, let's take his advise and do a little detective work. Try logging out, then logging back in as root. Then try the effected icons there. If they operate like they should, then create a new user account, and log into that account and see if they function there. If they don't work right, a re-install is in order.

Should take just a few minutes. Give it a throw, and let me know what happens.

Dan

EDIT: Hey! I just thought of something. Try logging into Gnome on the borked account. See if the icons go stupid there too!

D

benjie1
5th December 2006, 04:45 PM
Been busy making up my finals. Sorry. will try your suggestions. Don't have Gnome. Just using KDE so don't know what that last ides is. Will do others and let you know today. Again, sorry. have to make up finals. Hate that. Rather grade them on personalities. :-) Bob

Help! It logs me in automatically. So when I log out, it just logs me back in as user (benjie1). Don't see way way to log back in as root to try the icons. what to do ??? Thanks. Bob

WOWWWW I think I done Good! Accidentally. I found a Home icon in the KDE menu and clicked it and it opened the folder like it should. Then moved it to the desktop, re-booted, and it still works. Amazing ... to me. So now I hope to send screenshots of it here. If not, I'll send them in another post. BTW, i deleted the strange Home icon. Can't do anything to get the system or trash icons to work. Maybe the home screenshots will help to fix the other 2 icons. If we have any luck, maybe I won't need to re-install. :-) :-) :-)

Dan
5th December 2006, 09:27 PM
Benjie, there is a setting that automatically logs you in that you can disable. But I don't run KDE, so I'm not sure where it is. JN4OldSchool will know. He uses KDE.

Hey! Jn4! How do we shut this thing off?

Dan

Whoops! Just caught you edit!

I've got to run out for a few, but back in an hour or so.

D

JN4OldSchool
5th December 2006, 09:49 PM
man, my dad has been trying for like a month to GET that auto-login. I wish I knew how to set and disable it. As I dual boot though I dont use it so have never looked into it. What you can do though Benjie is just log out-end current session OR switch user. Then when it asks user name type "root" Yes, the word root. Then for password use your root password. Then you are logged in as root!

edit: OK, auto login in KDE. Open control center/system administration/login manager then browse to the last tab which is convenience and select administrator mode, type your root password. You can now turn this on or off and select which user it logs in on. Now I gots ta call my daddy! He's gonna be so happy! :D

benjie1
6th December 2006, 06:01 PM
OK. I logged in as root and opened the icons (home, system, trash) and they behaved as they should. Now back as user, the Home icon is fine, but the trash and system still give the malformed url error. In my above reply of yesterday, I included screenshots and a quick explanation of what I di to get the home icon to work. Hopefully you guys can find a way to get the other ones to work too. I'm hoping the screenshots of Home icon will help you figure out what is wrong with the others. If not, I guess we have to re-install as you suggested. Thanks. BTW, I found out how to do the auto-login from S.Finley FC5 booklet which I got online. I have a single hard drive for FC 5 no dual boot. It's all by its lonely on a 40 Gig drive. Thanks again. Hoe the screenshots help. :-)

Dies
6th December 2006, 07:10 PM
Before you go re-installing just grab anything you want to keep out of your home folder, then log in as root and delete the user, when it asks if you want to delete the user's home folder answer yes, now just make the same user again and you should have a fresh start with everything working as it should.

benjie1
6th December 2006, 07:49 PM
OK Dies. I grabbed what I need from the home folder. The only thing i don't follow is after I delete the user and home folder, how do I make the same user again? And I guess I do this as root, correct? Once I make the user again I assume I can use the same username as now, will this fix the trash icon and the system as well, cause the Home icon is OK now. Thanks for the help again. Bob

Dies
6th December 2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah log in as root, I use Gnome for the most part so I'm not sure about KDE but I would assume it would be in Control Center>Users something or another, there you should be able to delete the account you are using now, once that's done in the same place you should have an option to add a user, just add the same user with the same password and when you log in to that account it should be like the first time you ever logged in with everything working normally.

benjie1
7th December 2006, 02:04 PM
Dies, I was able to delete the user, benjie1, and then it let me add it again with the same password just like you said. But ... :( when I log in now, it only logs me in as root. I switched user, and same thing. Tried to start a new session, entered the username and password and still just logs me in as root. Only thing on the desktop aret the home icon, trash, system. No KDE, no Firefox, Thunderbird, no programs I had in KDE like Gimp, Open Office etc. It's all gone or so it seems. Did I screw up, or is it there and I can find it. Didn't even find a terminal window. Hope all is not totally lost. LOL Thenks for the help.

JN4OldSchool
7th December 2006, 03:04 PM
why do you think you are logged in as root? Or are you logging in using your root password? There can only be ONE root on your computer. Is it because the desktop looks the same as root desktop? Do you know the difference between Gnome and KDE? I think what is happening is you are under Gnome in the root account and your new account. On the login screen go to the word "sessions" and click on it. Then check the KDE box and when you go to log in it will ask if you want to make this default. Say yes. About your icons, you lost all your setup with the new desktop. You will only have the trash icon, you will have to create the rest. just right click on MOST things and select "add to desktop" and you should be good.

Dies
7th December 2006, 04:21 PM
Well I would follow what J said and if you're still having issues then I would suggest to you that maybe it's time to bite the bullet and wipe the drive and start out fresh. Because it appears your installation is possessed, lol. No but seriously I may be wrong but when I've had strange issues like that it just doesn't inspire me with confidence, maybe an update gone wrong, who knows but if deleting the account and creating a new one doesn't get you a fresh start then to me it would signal that the problem is deeper and unless you really enjoy troubleshooting, re-installing is a much simpler, more sensible option.

benjie1
7th December 2006, 04:24 PM
I think it's because it looks the same as the root desktop. I had auto-login before, and I let it log in on its own and waht appears is the desktop that looks like root. I'll try your suggestions about session and see what happens. Will have to get back to Win XP to reply since I don't see a browser in FC5 now. And can't find Firefox to use that. Wii let you know what happens. Thanks, again. Hope it works. :-)

benjie1
7th December 2006, 04:31 PM
Hi Dies. I really don't enjoy the trouble shooting too much. Only to the point taht as a newbie, I learn things. I'll give what JN said a try and if that fails, will re-install. And BTW, is it possible to put KDE on desktop1 and Gnome on Desktop 2 if I ahve to re-install. If so, how would I do that. I found KDE easier but would like to try Gnoome and have KDE as a fall back. Well maybe I'll be lucky and it iwll work now. Thanks. Bob

benjie1
7th December 2006, 05:38 PM
Tried once more to get in as user but it didn't do anything. So I just finished re-installing from scratch. It's done, and I shut down and got back to Win so i can make sure I don't make a mistake. I guess the first thing is to use yum and update the kernel. Right? Then I guess put KDE on desktop 1 and as I asked, can I also put Gnome on desktop 2. If so, how do I do that. Then I guess it's a matter of installing what I had before. That should be no problem. Just wanted to run things by you before I go do something I shouldn't or in the wrong order. Thanks again guys. It's been a while with these icons. Yikes. :( So things should go swimmingly now I hope. :-) Let me know when you can, about doing the things above, so I don't get it messed up. Won't touch FC5 until I hear from you. :-) Thanks Bob

Dies
7th December 2006, 06:39 PM
No, you can't have Gnome and KDE running at the same time if that's what you mean by putting it on different desktops, at least I don't believe you can. But you always have access to both ( if they're installed ) before you login, just hit sessions and choose which one you want to login to.
If you're running FC5 you will probably have a ton of updates so I would just open a terminal su then yum update -y and walk away. Then re-boot and get to work personalizing.

I don't think that one is better than the other ( KDE - Gnome ) they just do things a little different and each have their own little quirks, so it just depends on personal taste. To me KDE just looks a little too much like candy land but by the time I'm done, it doesn't even resemble KDE anymore.
KDE does have a few "killer apps" but you can still use those in gnome so it's just a matter of what you feel more comfortable with. The best way to find out would probably be to use one for a week then switch to the other for a week, you'll realize pretty quick which one you really want to use.

benjie1
7th December 2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks Dies. I just wasn't sure about the 2 Desktops but I think I'll install both as you suggest and then work with KDE to start as I'm use to it. Then later go to Gnome. It'll take a day or so to personalize things again. Was almost at the point that I could use Fedora exclusively ( no XP) but for a few programs I like that are Windows. Won't take too long to get to that point again hopefully.
Can we close or blow up (LOL) the Strange icons posts since it is finished. Don't want to keep anyone spending time on it anymore. Can you close a post or just say it is closed, finished, whatever. Thanks again so much to all of you. Hope by tomorrow I can make a Hi there post from Fedora just to say that all is well. :-)

Thanks again so much for all of those who helped with this problem. Bye for now.

If I install KDE first and get it customized as I like, can I add Gnome later and will I be able to open it from sessions after KDE is all set? Will I be able to work with it separately from KDE using the sessions, or will it overlap and blend in? Bye . Bob

Dan
7th December 2006, 08:55 PM
Hi Benjie.

Sounds like it took a nuke to fix it. But... Don't feel like the lone stranger. I nuked my install day before yesterday too. I'm on the laptop now.

Regarding nuking the thread. First, scroll up to the very first post in this thread. Click EDIT on that post. Then check the screenshot below to learn how to do that yourself. Just follow the three step.

See you around the forum, Benjie. :)

Dan

JN4OldSchool
7th December 2006, 09:01 PM
I beg to differ, please, dont ever nuke a thread. Even if the problem is solved for you others may glean some knowledge from what went on here. My problem is after a year and a half I remember little tidbits of info i have seen in the past but can never find them again. Something else Benjie, what i do is create a file called "terminal commands" in my home. This has expanded to shell scripts, instructions, links, really anything I come across in here or on the web that I feel I may need. Us old people just cant remember the details like we once could so a cheat sheet never hurts!

nick.stumpos
7th December 2006, 09:08 PM
Hi Benjie.

Sounds like it took a nuke to fix it. But... Don't feel like the lone stranger. I nuked my install day before yesterday too. I'm on the laptop now.

Regarding nuking the thread. First, scroll up to the very first post in this thread. Click EDIT on that post. Then check the screenshot below to learn how to do that yourself. Just follow the three step.

See you around the forum, Benjie. :)

Dan
hey dan, just wanted to say awesome screenshot instuctions, but im with jn dont nuke the thread others may find some useful info in it

Dan
7th December 2006, 09:12 PM
I may disagree with nuking the whole thread myself, but the man asked a straight question, and deserves a straight answer. :)

Dan

benjie1
7th December 2006, 10:36 PM
Guys, I guess I was so disgusted with the long process to finally get it done that I was over-zealous and thought that someone may spend time on it again. I really don't want that to happen. I see the point in not nuking the thread too. If you all think that it is better to leave it so others may find help in it (LOL) I'll leave it. Just as long as nobody spends their valuable time trying to fix it anymore. What's the best thing to do. Bob