PDA

View Full Version : microphone settings

nocture
30th October 2006, 12:01 PM
Hi there.
I have problem with my microphone when talking through skype. When I unmute it from the volume control the microphone is working fine and I can here what Im saying. But when I try talking in skype the others cant hear me.
Thanks in advance

Citizen Kane
3rd November 2006, 05:36 PM
Having the same problem here... had my voice over the skype testcall ONCE but did't know how I got that far...

Any help here?

Dan
3rd November 2006, 06:05 PM
Same problem here. Good feedback through speakers... Nothing going out.

Dan

nocture
3rd November 2006, 11:11 PM
Anybody solved the problem?

Dan
3rd November 2006, 11:16 PM
Not yet... But I'm chewin' on it.

nocture
4th November 2006, 10:58 AM
I've solved it by unmuting capture at alsa mixer.

Citizen Kane
4th November 2006, 04:40 PM
Some Progress:

(nocturne got me thinking on this one, thanx man ;) )

I have two soundcards in my PC. One is a VIA based one (2 chanel) and the other a Creative Labs Soudblaster 24 bit Live (seen as CA106, the chipset on which it is based). This one was being automatically detected so I suspected the Line in and Mic in were already working.

Not so. So I tried the internal card (the Via one) for just the output. I tried fiddling with the alsamixer settings and it seemed that the Capture feedback - control controlled the outgoing volume on the mic. Strange since there was also a separate Mic - cotrol in alsa-mixer.

I also unmuted the Capture controles and turned it a little higher and guess what: people can hear me now.

I now use the output from the soundblaster with the input on the VIA card. But since there is also a Cature control in Alsa for the Creative, I'll be experimenting again and try to get that one to work.

I'll be back when I fix this one.