PDA

View Full Version : [fc6] azureus stops downloading

GiLuX
29th October 2006, 03:51 PM
whats wrong with fc6 and azureus?

i'm trying to download some torrents and the speeds are varying somewhere like 100-200 KB/s
then after like 10 minutes speeds are down to 10 KB/s
and then after 10 more minutes everything is idle.

when i restart azureus it starts downloading again but it's slow and after some time it stops all together again.

when i reboot and start azureus its fast again and then after 20 minutes all downloads stopped again.

this also aplies for upload speeds.

i never had this problem with other fedora versions.

RHamel
29th October 2006, 05:22 PM
These are the potential problems:

1. You didn't open the proper ports in iptables.

2. You are not forwarding those ports to your machine from your router.

3. You have uploading turned down or off.

4. Your ISP is one of the one's that doesn't allow bittorrent.

RHamel
29th October 2006, 05:26 PM
Bad ISP's

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs

GiLuX
29th October 2006, 05:54 PM
its the same set up i had on my fc5...
same provider.. same pc.. only difference is that this is fc6

see, it all works when i start azareus... but after 20 minutes or so the troubles start.
also azareus starts to respond slow after a while... like its congesting or something.

THE Ralfinator
29th October 2006, 08:10 PM
Which method did you use to install Java and Azureus?

GiLuX
30th October 2006, 10:33 AM
ehr...
i just did yum install azureus...
that's all.
why are you asking?

GiLuX
2nd November 2006, 11:57 PM
ok..found out that the java version shipped with fc6 is somewhat useless and i needed to install the official sun java.
after some fooling around with dependencies i finally managed to get azureus going again and without azureus hanging.
i was happy and blissful.

but then, i few days later java was all of the sudden borked..

# azureus
/usr/bin/azureus: line 18: java: command not found

only thing i did was encrypting my swap partition and another empty partition.
i don't see how this could affect my java install since everything else seems to work fine.

anyway,
I reinstalled jdk-1_5_0_09-linux-i586-rpm and all seems well now... finally...

THE Ralfinator
3rd November 2006, 12:29 AM
Yeah, thats why i asked how you installed those, since the java that ships with Fedora Core doesnt work for most popular Java apps. And, um, correct me if i'm wrong, but doesnt swap get re-written all the time? And what's the purpose of encrypting an empty partition? Dont get me wrong, im not trying to be snobbish or anything, but im really curious as to why someone would do that. I'm always up to learning something new!:p

GiLuX
3rd November 2006, 02:04 AM
oh i was trying to encrypt the root filesytem also but there seems to be a bug somewhere in the .18 kernel preventing that..
so i already encrypted swap...
a smart person can stil retrieve a lot of information from an unencrypted swap partition, even if it gets re-written all of the time due to the entropy of the old data.
the other encrypted partion's purpose is to store files i want to keep secure like for instance the video's of my girlfriend attempting sexual intercourse with a hamster.

xka
28th November 2006, 11:08 AM
I had the same problem. I have installed JAVA SUN rpm, and in the start script of azureus i put the JAVA path in the JAVA_DIR var, and then all ok.

I think it was the start var in the script., because now i have 2 azureus, one installed from rpm, that doesnt goes good., and the other downloaded from azureus.sourceforge.. and only descompressed in HD. In this one, i changed the JAVA_DIR info and ok.

lilrabbit129
1st December 2006, 07:44 AM
I'm having the same problem, except when I installed Sun's Java (jre update 10), Azureus now completely crashes.

Any suggestions?

BadMofo666
1st December 2006, 09:33 AM
I've got the same problem here. I've been trying to figure out what was causing this for about 2 weeks. Unfortunately I installed a new firewall distro on my computer/firewall at the same time, and I thought that was the problem, lol.

Anyways, how exactly do you do what xka was talking about. I've got Sun's java installed. What exactly would be JAVA's path? When I installed Azureus the first time from RPM, it installed all kinds of weird stuff, so I'm guessing I have 2 Java's installed right now.

nick.stumpos
1st December 2006, 12:01 PM
javas path would be wherever you installed it. You would have had to manually add it to you path unless you installed it to a dir already in your path. when you installed java did you export the correct path variables and use alternative to make it your active java install. What does which java and java --version say. If you did not do these things see the linlk im my sig for a pretty straightforward way to install sun java beside fedoras java properly, if you did could you please post more errors

BadMofo666
2nd December 2006, 12:42 PM
javas path would be wherever you installed it. You would have had to manually add it to you path unless you installed it to a dir already in your path. when you installed java did you export the correct path variables and use alternative to make it your active java install. What does which java and java --version say. If you did not do these things see the linlk im my sig for a pretty straightforward way to install sun java beside fedoras java properly, if you did could you please post more errors

I installed java with Sun's self-extracting RPM file, so where did it install? When I do "java --version" it says this:

<code>java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.1 20061011 (Red Hat 4.1.1-30)

Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.</code>

So I guess java's path is not set up?

alpha645
2nd December 2006, 02:57 PM
SOLUTION: I think you guys forgot to set java as the default runtime for java applications :)

BadMofo666
2nd December 2006, 03:58 PM
uh ok, how do you do that?

alpha645
2nd December 2006, 04:17 PM
It's the last part of Stanton Finley's java guide:

This one is for Java update 10 (I changed it from SF's site).

Java Program support

console: su -

console: gedit /etc/profile.d/java.sh

Place the following text in the empty file:

export J2RE_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_10
export PATH=$J2RE_HOME/bin:$PATH

NOTE: At the end of these lines, leave an empty rule (press enter after the last sentence). I also assumed you have java installed @ /usr/java/jre1.5.0_10

console: source /etc/profile.d/java.sh

console: which java

You should see: /usr/java/jre1.5.0_10/bin/java

console: /usr/sbin/alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/java/jre1.5.0_10/bin/java 2

console: /usr/sbin/alternatives --config java

You should see:

There are 2 programs which provide 'java'.

Selection Command
-----------------------------------------------
* 1 /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.4.2-gcj/bin/java
+ 2 /opt/jre1.5.0_10/bin/java

Enter to keep the current selection[+], or type selection number:

console: 2

DONE :)

lilrabbit129
2nd December 2006, 06:03 PM
For my problem, thats similar to what I did. Unfortunately, the version of Sun Java I got would crash, complaining about a CLASSPATH ( I can post the error if someone wants me to).

I did find a solution though. I downloaded the beta of JRE-6, instead of JRE1.5 Update 10. This one seems to work great.

alpha645
2nd December 2006, 06:12 PM
Well, this manual fixed some bugs for me. I really don't get it what kind of java apps there are out there. You have JRE (java runtime environment) and JDK (java develpment kit + JRE). But what I don't understand is with all those version, those confuse me :confused: :confused: :confused:

lilrabbit129
3rd December 2006, 06:21 AM
I spoke too soon, right after a reboot it dies again. The same error:

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# Internal Error (53484152454432554E54494D450E435050020F), pid=4875, tid=3086359440
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.6.0-rc-b104 mixed mode, sharing)
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid4875.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
/usr/bin/azureus: line 18: 4875 Aborted (core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/eclipse:/usr/lib CLASSPATH=/usr/share/java/gcj-endorsed/bcprov-1.33.jar:`build-classpath jakarta-commons-cli log4j swt-gtk-3.2 gtk2.8 glib0.2`:/usr/share/azureus/Azureus2.jar java -Dgnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader.library_control=nev er -Dazureus.install.path=$APPDIR org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main "$@"

alpha645
3rd December 2006, 08:16 AM
Try the beta from Azureus.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/index_CVS.php

BadMofo666
3rd December 2006, 01:07 PM
Well, I got Azureus to "kind of" work. I followed the instructions aboved and installed azureus from the gz file. Now it works as long as I don't try the "Browse" my filesystem with it. If I click browse it crashes and I get a "GTK-Warning". Since browsing isn't really important, I'm happy for now. :D .

Why is java so ****ed up in Fedora? About a month ago, I was using Mandriva 2007 with the same version of the jre and azureus, and I had no problems with it. What's different in Fedora that makes it not work right?

alpha645
3rd December 2006, 03:04 PM
Well, I got Azureus to "kind of" work. I followed the instructions aboved and installed azureus from the gz file. Now it works as long as I don't try the "Browse" my filesystem with it. If I click browse it crashes and I get a "GTK-Warning". Since browsing isn't really important, I'm happy for now. :D .

Why is java so ****ed up in Fedora? About a month ago, I was using Mandriva 2007 with the same version of the jre and azureus, and I had no problems with it. What's different in Fedora that makes it not work right?

I also have the problem with the browsing system. I suspect SWT (the graphical interface library from Azureus) for this problem. Java is not working properly in fedora because the programmers don't put time in supporting it :cool: . Everyone knows that Java is full of security holes :D

b3nny
22nd December 2006, 04:29 AM
hi guys

i have teh same prob.. my azureus just stops... i have downlaoded both java files the reg and rpm package.. can some one show me how to install it and configure it .. its my 1st time doing something like this ..

I am not sure how and where to execute.
thanks!