PDA

View Full Version : Evolution not downloading images

mpolo
28th October 2006, 08:23 PM
I access the Internet through a proxy, which is declared in environment variables, in the Gnome Network Proxy dialog, and in Firefox. However, Evolution, although set to download images in the Preferences, displays a red "x" for all the images. It seems to be ignoring my proxy...

I just upgraded FC5->FC6 (same problem before the upgrade), so have the packages that came with the OS.

Any idea how to make this work properly? Thanks!

mpolo
30th October 2006, 09:12 AM
Some more information... I just noticed that a piece of mail that was sitting in the Inbox on the server (Exchange server) displayed images correctly, while 5 seconds later, a piece of mail that I had copied (automatically, by a rule) to the local mbox was unable to show the images. The status line indicated that it was trying to download the images, but yet the "red x's" remained. Weird.

Whoopi_Cat
31st October 2006, 06:10 PM
Sir,

In order to get your proxy set, please select (in the gnome or KDE menu) "Applications -> System Tools -> Configuration Editor". Expand the "System" group, and then ensure that your proxy is set correctly in the "http_proxy" and "proxy" settings.

I'm only seeing this problem (so far) in my user community on upgraded systems. Might this be a good bug report to the Gnome folks? I'm interested, because I've never submitted a bug report on anything.

Whoopi Cat

mpolo
10th November 2006, 05:06 PM
Well, I had the same issue on Fedora Core 5, so it's not an upgrade issue. I didn't have gconf-editor installed and had to yum install it... Once I did that, I see that host, port, and "use proxy" are all correctly set (I set them through System>Preferences>Network Proxy). Any other ideas? Thanks.