PDA

View Full Version : Tops of windows not shown with desktop effects enabled?

phantomcow2
28th October 2006, 03:59 PM
I just got the desktop effects to work. So now when I go into another workspace, it does do the cube. The thing is, the top bars of open windows are not shown! So when applications are open, the blue bar on top with the "X" to close, is not present. If I disable desktop effects, it is present. Anybody know why?

pjfg
28th October 2006, 08:02 PM
I have the same problem with desktop effects enabled; and I can't resize or move applications. And no, I don't know why.

dwflo
28th October 2006, 08:08 PM
Ditto here.

pparks1
28th October 2006, 08:34 PM
Does this occur after a reboot?

I think when you first enable the desktop-effects, the windows that are open are at the top and they are getting hidden behind the Fedora menu bar at the top.

To test, just go to File, Close on the application with the menu bar that you cannot see and then launch it again. Are you then seeing the menu bar at the top again?

dwflo
28th October 2006, 08:48 PM
Does this occur after a reboot?

I think when you first enable the desktop-effects, the windows that are open are at the top and they are getting hidden behind the Fedora menu bar at the top.

To test, just go to File, Close on the application with the menu bar that you cannot see and then launch it again. Are you then seeing the menu bar at the top again?
Happens everytime a window is opened. I can move it by right cliking on the window tab in the bottom panel and select the "Move option.

pjfg
29th October 2006, 08:09 AM
I've discovered the cause. at least for myself. A number of plug-ins including 'decorations' were not enabled in gconf. Run applications/System Tools/Configuration Editor. In apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options click on active-plugins. Now add any missing plugins such as decorations, resize, move,zoom,wobbly etc.