PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best driver for use with ATI IGP graphics?

BabySeal
27th October 2006, 10:22 PM
Hey guys,

Ive been running the VESA driver on my laptops IGP 320 card. The raedon driver that comes with FC5 and 6 only work with a CRT (yah i have to use a CRT monitor just to install FC5 and 6!)... The VESA driver works quite well, but as you all may know its a bit slow... So do any of you know where i can find a better driver for this card? Ive tried the livna ATI drivers back in FC5 but i couldnt get them to work, and ATIs driver just trashes the system LOL... (yah thanks ati...)

I did find one from a company called Sci-Tech... I ran GLXgears and got about a 1/3 increase in performance. But it looks like they want 70 bucks for it or something. I am getting about 140 frames a sec with the VESA Driver...

So any ideas anyone?? BTW, FC6 rocks! Stuff opens sooo much faster on this laptop.. And its not just me, i read about the hash tweaking in the release notes!

Thanks, Andy

pjfg
28th October 2006, 08:12 PM
I use the 'radeon' driver that comes with FC5 and FC6 with my 340M IGP. Not sure where you got the idea it only works with CRT's....

There is no better driver available; ATI no longer support cards below the 8500 (including the 320/340 IGP).

BabySeal
29th October 2006, 08:35 AM
Well its an IGP 320 problem, im not sure why the raedon driver cant use the laptops LCD... the 340s dont seem have a problem. It took me a while looking around for the answer when i found some ubuntu users were havin the same problem. Then it was resolved by using the VESA driver..

Yah i gues we are stuck with the VESA or raedon driver...