PDA

View Full Version : help with recording from dvd with mplayer

jim
1st October 2006, 08:21 PM
I need to extract specific scenes from a few movies i i believe mplayer can do it for me. do anyonr have expirence with this ? i have the start time and end times of the section of the movie i need. Or do i have to record the scene? also can i encode it to a different format to use in cinelerra so i can fine tune the section i need. cinelerra cannot read vob files

so to recap

1 extract scenes from movie and
2.encode /decode to .avi/ mpeg etc.
3. edit in cinelerra

partha
1st October 2006, 08:25 PM
I need to extract specific scenes from a few movies i i believe mplayer can do it for me. do anyonr have expirence with this ? i have the start time and end times of the section of the movie i need. Or do i have to record the scene? also can i encode it to a different format to use in cinelerra so i can fine tune the section i need. cinelerra cannot read vob files

so to recap

1 extract scenes from movie and
2.encode /decode to .avi/ mpeg etc.
3. edit in cinelerra
You can do a couple of things. By far the easiest is Avidemux2 or use dvdrip to get the necessary vob file. Check out if you wish my page: http://www.partha.com/video-edit.html

HTH,
Partha
www.partha.com

jim
1st October 2006, 08:33 PM
i dont needto encode as a dvd
I doing a presentation and just need to be able to play the selected scenes

i will check out Avidemux2 to edit with

parish
2nd October 2006, 06:31 PM
I copy the VOBs to disk, sometimes directly using cp and sometimes using dvdrip, and then extract the scenes I want using either avidemux2 or GOPchop. Both will read VOB files directly without the need to encode them.

Daniel

Duli
15th October 2006, 12:05 AM
Hi, all. Could you help me to install gopchop? I downloaded the source code and tried to compile, but things get stuck at "make" command. It seems i have all the headers and stuff... Any help will be welcome!
Thanks a lot!