PDA

View Full Version : Since upgraded kernel noticed this!!

JaRaEeZ
16th September 2006, 04:21 AM
Just upgraded the kernel to 2.6.17-1.2187 & I've just noticed my time was 1 hr behind. hmm ok so I headed over to the control panel, system administrator, then date & time & noticed my local timezone was Europe/Guernsey lol.. nevermind I thought I will just change it back to London & forget about it. Well I can change it to Los Angeles np, any part of Africa np, but it just will not set on London. Everytime I change it to London the screen goes blank for say 10 secs then it comes back & Guernsey has been selected again .. lol... anyone have/had this problem since upgrading?

BTW Guernsey is a lovely place :)

u-noneinc-s
16th September 2006, 04:37 AM
Well, I'm not in Europe, but I installed 2187, and my time is still fine. However, I just changed mine from Los Angeles to London (and applied the change, and the new time (4:36) and zone London took just fine.
Time yo change it back ;)

u-noneinc-s
16th September 2006, 04:40 AM
Well I'll be damned, I just opened the dialogue to change back to LA, and it said it was set to Guernsey time. :rolleyes: :eek:

jvroig
16th September 2006, 04:50 AM
Well, I'd say it's time for a bug report.

JaRaEeZ
16th September 2006, 05:48 AM
hmm... just booted back into 2174 & all is back to normal. So yep I 2nd the bug report ;)