PDA

View Full Version : A GUI with a thorough display of repository info?

uptonm
14th September 2006, 02:59 PM
I would like to be able to browse the entire contents of repositories with a GUI, if that's possible. I have used Yumex to poke around at the available software and I've also tried Kyum. I noticed there was a lot of software available through command line yum that neither of them listed, like the fluxbox, blackbox or hackbox desktop environments for example. I would prefer a GUI because I'd like to browse through and see all of the descriptions. Command line yum is fine for installing things, and quick searches, but it is irritating to use a command line utility for browsing. Thanks in advance,

Mike

Edit: Oh, by the way, I also looked at synaptic and that didn't seem to be good either.

bob
14th September 2006, 03:30 PM
Mike, yumex should only be the gui mirror of yum, so that software should be listed in both places. Can you give us a screenprint of how they differ? Also, did you check your repositories under Yumex and Synaptic to make sure that they are the same as under yum? They should be, but strange things sometimes happen....

Edit: Just checked yumex - fluxbox, blackbox and hackedbox are all there in mine.

uptonm
15th September 2006, 11:33 AM
Hooray!!
I checked the options a little more carefully, and there was one that I had missed. By default, it had come unchecked... its the "show file lists and changelog" option. Thanks for responding.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/uptonm/yumyum.png

:D