PDA

View Full Version : Tomcat5 missing digest.sh in FC4

mthriftwsc
12th September 2006, 12:11 AM
Hi,

I've searched around this forum and others for help on this issue and I have yet to find an answer. I'm attempting to create user entries in /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/tomcat-users.xml with digest passwords, and I can't find any utilities that are mentioned in all of the help forums for doing such a thing. The digest.sh script is not provided with the FC4 distribution of tomcat5, and running the command line mentioned here: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.0-doc/realm-howto.html#Digested%20Passwords throws a class error. I've run yum provides digest.sh which turns up nothing, and I am at a loss for where to go next. Any help in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Mike.

mthriftwsc
12th September 2006, 03:52 PM
Does anybody have any ideas?

mthriftwsc
12th September 2006, 06:23 PM
Well, the tomcat IRC just indicated that the FC install of tomcat is broken at best, so I'll be switching to official releases of tomcat instead of FC-rpms. It is quite frustrating that this isn't documented anywhere, and that Fedora's distribution of tomcat doesn't store passwords in digest format, not at all a best practice. I will be submitting a bug report concerning this.