PDA

View Full Version : Xine and DVDs (and news videos)

PaulClarke
10th September 2006, 10:25 AM
Hello,

This is a strange one. I have FC5 on my laptop and my desktop and like to be able to play movies as I take the laptop on business trips. The other day it refused to play a DVD. I played around a bit and now I cam play DVDs as root but if I try and play as "myself" I get 9 seconds in and then the following error

"The source seems encrypted, and can't be read. Your DVD is probably crypted (SIC)...."

Why would this be failing be based on who is logged in.

I also like to be able to run news videos from local papers when overseas. I have never been able to do this with the Sydney Morning Herald (www.smh.com.au) but now i can on my laptop and I cannot work out how I managed it. The video will still not run on my desktop although both have the same packages install. Can someone please check if they can run the viseo on this news stand site please

Thank you

Paul

Wayne
10th September 2006, 10:30 AM
Hello,

This is a strange one. I have FC5 on my laptop and my desktop and like to be able to play movies as I take the laptop on business trips. The other day it refused to play a DVD. I played around a bit and now I cam play DVDs as root but if I try and play as "myself" I get 9 seconds in and then the following error

"The source seems encrypted, and can't be read. Your DVD is probably crypted (SIC)...."

Why would this be failing be based on who is logged in.

I also like to be able to run news videos from local papers when overseas. I have never been able to do this with the Sydney Morning Herald (www.smh.com.au) but now i can on my laptop and I cannot work out how I managed it. The video will still not run on my desktop although both have the same packages install. Can someone please check if they can run the viseo on this news stand site please

Thank you

Paul

http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html

Install the multimedia codecs, libdvdnav, libdvdplay, libdvdcss, libdvdread, RealPlayer 10, Totem-xine...

This RealPlayer works well for me on the BBC site:

https://helixcommunity.org/download.php/2152/RealPlayer-10.0.8.805-20060718.i586.rpm

Run 'realplay' in a Terminal as root to setup Moz/Firefox plugin.

Wayne