PDA

View Full Version : Gens

TyraelOdium
10th September 2006, 04:21 AM
ok, this is kind of a stupid problem, but for some reason whenever i try to install anything from source it never seems to work for me. What i am trying ot do right now is to be able to play my favy rom (dont worry, i have the origional cart, just that my sega genesis is messed up and no longer works) LANDSTALKER. So i went and downloaded the source file for Gens, and i read the readme file and i followed the instructions
./configure
make
make install

blablabla, well that didnt work, so i thought that i had better go and double check to make sure that i have all the dependecies and whatnot, so i went and did yum commands for all of them, and sure enough most of them downloaded, so i thought that i would give it another shot, i still got the stupid errors. could somebody please help me.

oh ya - w00t i got my wifi working in fedora.

hollywoodb
10th September 2006, 02:13 PM
what errors did you get?

TyraelOdium
10th September 2006, 09:08 PM
i honestly have no bloody idea, it all looks like gebberish to me :( ill do it again to try to tell you.

TyraelOdium
10th September 2006, 10:00 PM
ok well, details on my error. i am able to do ./configure with no errors at all, so then i go and run the good old make command and i get the following

[root@localhost GensForLinux]# make
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src'
Making all in starscream
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream'
Making all in main68k
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream/main68k'
make all-am
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream/main68k'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream/main68k'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream/main68k'
Making all in sub68k
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream/sub68k'
make all-am
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream/sub68k'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream/sub68k'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream/sub68k'
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/starscream'
Making all in gens
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/gens'
source='emulator/g_main.c' object='emulator/gens-g_main.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/emulator/gens-g_main.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/emulator/gens-g_main.TPo' \
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../../depcomp \
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I./gens_core/cpu/68k -I./gens_core/cpu/sh2 -I./gens_core/cpu/z80 -I./gens_core/sound -I./gens_core/mem -I./gens_core/misc -I./gens_core/gfx -I./gens_core/io -I./gens_core/vdp -I./segacd -I./mp3_dec -I./sdllayer -I./util -I./port -I./emulator -I./debug -I./netplay -I./gtkui -I./gtkui/anjuta_widget -I./gtkui/glade -I. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/gens\" -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -g -O2 -g -O2 -c -o emulator/gens-g_main.o `test -f emulator/g_main.c || echo './'`emulator/g_main.c
emulator/g_main.c: In function ‘Init’:
emulator/g_main.c:557: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strncpy’
emulator/g_main.c:558: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcat’
emulator/g_main.c:567: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcpy’
emulator/g_main.c: In function ‘main’:
emulator/g_main.c:743: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strncpy’
emulator/g_main.c:744: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcat’
emulator/g_main.c: At top level:
emulator/g_main.c:755: error: static declaration of ‘Build_Language_String’ follows non-static declaration
emulator/g_main.c:570: error: previous implicit declaration of ‘Build_Language_String’ was here
emulator/g_main.c: In function ‘Build_Language_String’:
emulator/g_main.c:845: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcpy’
make[3]: *** [emulator/gens-g_main.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src/gens'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Tyrael/Desktop/Steven/EmusAndRoms/Emulators/GensForLinux'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@localhost GensForLinux]#

and make install doesnt work cause i have those 2 errors in make. can somebody help me out?

markkuk
10th September 2006, 10:21 PM
This is an error in the code you are trying to compile, not a problem with your Fedora configuration. Report it back to whoever wrote the buggy program.

TyraelOdium
11th September 2006, 12:59 AM
well the whole thing is that, a friend of mine got it to work in his ubuntu installation. i could always try to report it but i dont really think that the official linux release of the genesis emulator would do it, well anywyas even if i can never get it working can somebody else recommend me another emulator. i wanna go and play LandStalker in linux