PDA

View Full Version : Disable yumex checking

tizwoz
9th September 2006, 12:13 PM
Can you do this?

I regulary use yumex to download new appz or to look at the code of installed appz (to find the installed paths and config files etc). However, whenever I boot it up, it always takes yonks because it's looking for updates available, I rarely want to do that, I just wanna go to add or remove to look for an app installed.

Anyway of disabling it? I know I can use terminal, but I well, i'm a noob who prefers using the gui :D

tangotiger
9th September 2006, 12:49 PM
I knew it's a Preference thingy, and it's there under Edit->Preferences->Auto Refresh on Start should do the trick. I don't really do this often since I use yumex for updating and so on, but that's the one I've known.

And JIC, to refresh the repo information manually, go to Repos tab and click Refresh.

tizwoz
9th September 2006, 01:06 PM
I knew it's a Preference thingy, and it's there under Edit->Preferences->Auto Refresh on Start should do the trick. I don't really do this often since I use yumex for updating and so on, but that's the one I've known.

And JIC, to refresh the repo information manually, go to Repos tab and click Refresh.

Doh, why didn't I think of that? It seems to obvious now! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Cheers, have sorted it!! :)

sandynuts
9th September 2006, 01:06 PM
Hi
If you dont want updates, the best thing would be to disable the updates repo
as root -> gedit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo
and edit enable=1 to enable=0 for disabling it.
in yumex uncheck the update repo tab
Turn it back on if you ever need updates
Regards