PDA

View Full Version : cant get good ISO!

hiberphoptik
8th September 2006, 05:24 PM
Can anyone recommend a fast mirror to DL FC5 64bit dvd ISO? I can't seem to get a good disk.

thanks

markjensen
8th September 2006, 05:29 PM
I have successfully used bittorrent in the past. Are you currently using a http/ftp server download?

Are your sha1sums wrong on your download? Or just the burn? (you mentioned "good disk" not "good download")

hiberphoptik
8th September 2006, 06:33 PM
normally i use bittorrent also, but last night i tried an http mirror and the media check failed during the install

im re-grabbing it with a torrent now.. better work cause its my last blank DVD disk :eek:

markjensen
8th September 2006, 07:25 PM
Make sure you sha1sum it before burning. It makes no sense to burn a bad download.

Is your current (previous?) download bad? If so, why did you burn it to DVD? If not, why are you re-downloading it?

/me is filled with questions today, it seems. :)

hiberphoptik
8th September 2006, 07:28 PM
Make sure you sha1sum it before burning. It makes no sense to burn a bad download.

Is your current (previous?) download bad? If so, why did you burn it to DVD? If not, why are you re-downloading it?

/me is filled with questions today, it seems. :)

afaik previous DL was fine, i didnt sha1sum check it tho

10 minutes left on new DL

u-noneinc-s
8th September 2006, 11:52 PM
hiberphoptik: I know you've been around a while and I would have to assume you already know this, but just in case...
If the media check failed during install, try running the installerwith the linux ide=nodma option

Iron_Mike
9th September 2006, 02:16 AM
On my laptop, I could DL the images and burn them, pass the media check and then glitch out on disk 1, next time it could be disk 2, just random hiccups, no rhyme or reason for it. But finally figured out if I turned the laptop off for a hour or so, and restarted, the install went through without a hitch, go figure. No HD or CD errors once installed..... :rolleyes: