PDA

View Full Version : dual monitors and impress

lemmingz
7th September 2006, 09:03 PM
I am trying to do a presentation on one screen and view the slide selection thumbnails on the other screen.
it seems to work on the streched screen mode but the actual presentation shows up on the 1st monitor screen instead of screen 2 which is the projector. it doesn't matter which screen i start the application in. it is always in screen 1 when it goes to slideshow mode.
I have tried single desktop mode (not cloned). it will do the slideshow in the screen that it it started in but i can't drag the thumbnail window to the other screen! :confused:
any one do this sucessfully?

nvidia dual head card, KDE desktop FC5 using yanc42 to configure

JordanN
8th September 2006, 03:38 AM
Someone on the OpenOffice forum posted a "duct tape and bailing wire" solution that he made a while back. I don't recall if the mod was compatible with Fedora or not.

Other than that, the only way to do it is to drag the work screen to display 2 and try to live with the presentation being in display 1.

Proper multi-display support is very commonly requested as a feature in OpenOffice and hopefully, one of these days, OpenOffice developers will implement it.

VictorienSardou
10th September 2006, 05:43 PM
A specification of the problem for implementing is http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Impress_simple_multiple_display_specification.
At the bottom of the page is a link to a workaround for linux users.