PDA

View Full Version : CUPS no longer works after update

chelseapete
6th September 2006, 08:09 AM
Hi everyone,

I have just installed the latest updates for FC5 including a new version of cups, 1.2.3-1.2. Since the update most of my programs can't print anymore. When I click on Print the program just locks up and I have noticed that cupsd is using over 50% of my processor, and continues to do so, when that happens.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Cheers,
Pete

bob
6th September 2006, 12:46 PM
No problem here, but if after reboot the problem continues, I'd file a bugzilla: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/index.cgi

jaymode
7th September 2006, 06:14 PM
I have the same problem so I filed a bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=205619

bob
5th June 2007, 02:07 AM
Want to explain that comment? The developers don't get feedback any other way. It may be inconvenient and frankly many of mine were never completely resolved, but it's better than complaining and not using the tools that are available.

bob
5th June 2007, 02:27 AM
I keep saying it over and over: "The developers don't monitor our Forum"... because they don't. They get their input and feedback through the mailing lists and mostly through bugzilla. It's not that they don't respect newbies, but they want to have feedback that makes sense and data they can work with. Heck, I'm no coder and nothing more than a user like most of you. "Borks" drive me nuts too. I search the Forum, Google, ask a few others who have more knowledge and when all that fails, it's Bugzilla time. And then I go get a beer and hope it's better in the morning.

bob
5th June 2007, 02:43 AM
Hmmm...think that the media may have been at fault then? If it works off the flash drive but won't off the DVD ISO then could there be a problem with either the DVD-R/W or the media?

bob
5th June 2007, 03:02 AM
Well, you know your system and how reliable the burner and DVD's have been. I was just throwing it out there as a possibility. There are all sorts of installs being successful and you've got yours done, so congrats; hope it's all minor problems from here out.