PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install F Core 5

dstme
29th August 2006, 05:43 AM
I have Core 4 installed on my PC but could not get any sound. I think Core 4 does not support my ASUS motherboard.

Anyway, now I'm installing Core 5. I burn the image on the CDs and install thru CD, but the system just doesn't read it from CD. I have checked on the BIOS and the first is to boot on the CD. But the system just doesn't read the CD and go straight to FC 4.

Funny is that when I click Computer>CD-ROM Drive, it gives error message:
"Mount Error"
Unable to mount the volume. There is probably no mdeia in the device. mount: No medium found.

I have check the CD on my other PC - win xp and all files are inside. On core 4 PC, I put other music CD on disk drive, and it reads and show up all the files.

Any help? :(

JaRaEeZ
29th August 2006, 12:56 PM
Have you checked the CD for errors & did you burn it at a low speed? I find that you sometimes need to burn at low speeds depending on which CD-ROM you use...

HTH

dstme
29th August 2006, 01:32 PM
I have check the CD and no problem found. I burn at 8x speed which is the lowest, but still not working.

I press f8, to manually select to boot from CD rom, still the same. Just won't read.

parish
29th August 2006, 02:59 PM
My Asus has a setup option called 'Quick Boot' enabled by default. When it's disabled, upon boot there is an option to select the device from which to boot, from a list of all bootable devices on your system. I encountered a problem like yours when an FC5 install aborted and this worked for me. Give it a shot...

Daniel

dstme
29th August 2006, 03:55 PM
My Asus has a setup option called 'Quick Boot' enabled by default. When it's disabled, upon boot there is an option to select the device from which to boot, from a list of all bootable devices on your system. I encountered a problem like yours when an FC5 install aborted and this worked for me. Give it a shot...

Daniel
I did tried before but it doesn't work, then after reading your comment, i tried again, and it works!

Then I tried the third time, it doesn't work. Then I found the answer. I have to shut the computer completely with the CD inside and start up again. If I reboot/restart it won't work.

Thanks parish. Also for all ASUS users, please take note on this small issue here.

parish
29th August 2006, 04:39 PM
You're very welcome dstme and thanks for the followup tip.

I seem to recall that it worked for me with a soft reset, but maybe not. I'll check it out later.

Daniel

dstme
29th August 2006, 04:52 PM
I still have problem with installing, after prompting me to insert disk 2, it reads " Unable to access CDROM". I tried to burn 8x but still unable to continue disc 2.

I was able to check sha1sum with the disk but now I can't since I'm installing half way thru FC5 and I don't know if I can check the sha1sum with windows xp. Can anyone tell me how to check if iso image is ok on windows xp?

dstme
29th August 2006, 05:22 PM
Seems this is different topic. I will post it on new topic.

benbenbin
29th August 2006, 06:10 PM
I still have problem with installing, after prompting me to insert disk 2, it reads " Unable to access CDROM". I tried to burn 8x but still unable to continue disc 2.

I was able to check sha1sum with the disk but now I can't since I'm installing half way thru FC5 and I don't know if I can check the sha1sum with windows xp. Can anyone tell me how to check if iso image is ok on windows xp?

Sure you can check the disc with windows xp.
Here are the sofeware link for windows xp.......

-----------------------------------------------------
download me (ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/sha1sum.exe)

dstme
29th August 2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks benbenbin. I have move this thread to http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=122508 . I have googling and found the software link for sha1sum, and I have checked them. All sha1sum are perfect 100% but when I media check disc 2, it show error "unable to find install image /tmp/cdrom".