PDA

View Full Version : problem with xmms mp3 plugins

smartboy7777200
23rd August 2006, 02:09 PM
i have installed xmms through

yum install xmms xmms-mp3

the instalation is completes correctly but when I play a mp3 file in xmms it shows the following error

Due to patent licencing, and conflicts between such patents licenses and the licenses of application source code, MPEG-1/2 audio layer 3(mp3) support has been removed from this application by Red Hat,Inc.

We apologize for the inconvenience

it's driving me crazy as music(mp3) is my life

can somebody help me out ....

Wayne
23rd August 2006, 02:13 PM
i have installed xmms through

yum install xmms xmms-mp3

the instalation is completes correctly but when I play a mp3 file in xmms it shows the following error

Due to patent licencing, and conflicts between such patents licenses and the licenses of application source code, MPEG-1/2 audio layer 3(mp3) support has been removed from this application by Red Hat,Inc.

We apologize for the inconvenience

it's driving me crazy as music(mp3) is my life

can somebody help me out ....

http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html

smartboy7777200
23rd August 2006, 02:52 PM
man i have tried that but that is also not working ......

i have installed xmms using that instructions only but it's giving me the same problem ......

jonniebigodes
23rd August 2006, 06:50 PM
did you disabled the placeholder plugin(i think that's the name of it)??????? and checked the correct mp3 plugin?

sailor
24th August 2006, 12:31 AM
Are you sure you are getting the rpms from the livna repository? I would think that this would only be an issue if you were using the regualar fedora repositories...
Stanton's guide shows how to setup the repository.

smartboy7777200
24th August 2006, 08:24 PM
Thanks sailor the repository was not rightly set .......... i cleaned the yum and then installed and it worked ..........thanx man....

sailor
24th August 2006, 10:23 PM
cool....:)