PDA

View Full Version : Configuration problems for apache/router

RSD
19th August 2006, 10:07 AM
I am new to Fedora core 4. Before I started with Fedora I read a lot of articles. At the moment I think that I have installed Fedora properly. But I want it to run as a webserver. So I choose to install it as a webserver. I want to use the server as a local test server.

I have 1 server and 2 computers connected to my router.

The problem is that apache is running but if i try to connect from an other computer it won't work. I have a Vigor2200 router and I also logged in as root. I tried some tutorials from firewings and have read a lot of threads but still not working. Anyone who can help?

SlowJet
19th August 2006, 11:29 AM
I think if you make port 80 input open for the path thru the router to the server it will work.
Change iptables to be open, not stateful for server.. Change router depending on where the server is plugged in (stand alone plug into where dsl would be, on the internet also, then use browser to set router port 80 open. If you don't want the internet to see it, use port 8080 or 8088 and open that to the server iptables but not on the router dsl side.

SJ

jim
19th August 2006, 01:17 PM
Make sure port 80 is open on your wenserver and anything behind the router should see it. to allow the public (Internet) to see the page port forward port 80 to the ip address of the webserver.