PDA

View Full Version : Applications cannot share the speakers.

Craig Pemberton
16th August 2006, 06:58 PM
Hello everyone.

Has anyone ever managed to play multiple audio sources simultantously?

It seems as though it is standard for various media players to lock access to the speakers. This is one point in which Windows trumps Fedora on my computer. Windows ought to be worse without qualification. Any ideas?

Maners
16th August 2006, 08:19 PM
No problem here in FC5. AFAIK you should have software mixing enabled in order to play sound from multiple sources. You can check this in System => Administration => Sound Card Detection - Disable Software Mixing should be off. Also make sure that proper device is selected in there.

Craig Pemberton
16th August 2006, 08:51 PM
No luck here. I can set the soundcard applet to repeat and then try to play music in amarok and xmms and neither work. If I toggle 'disable software mixing' on and off there is no difference. There is also no difference if you set the option, close the soundcard applet, and then try to use xine and amarok at once.

martin.sourada
16th August 2006, 08:57 PM
It is odd. I have no problem playing simultaneously more then one sounds - I just tested it using listen and audacity and both played the sounds.

However there is problem when using multiple users logged - sound card does not work for them.