PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Core 5 - last disk didn't install

killjoyce
9th August 2006, 09:37 PM
FC newbie here.
I was updating from FC4 to FC5, tested all media, everything going smoothly, til disk 5. Half way through, it stops reading and gives an error that some rpm wasn't readable or possibly corrupted. Only option it gave was to Reboot. So I did.
:confused:

Restarted, and so far everything looks okay, but where can I find out which rpm failed, and what didn't get installed from installation disk 5? How do I go back and install whatever is on disk 5?

bitrain
10th August 2006, 10:41 AM
If you are able to get into fedora and everything works, just run yum update (or use pup). The missing package will be updated too if there are updates. Disk 5 doesn't contain system-critical files.

rappermas
10th August 2006, 05:33 PM
FC newbie here.
I was updating from FC4 to FC5, tested all media, everything going smoothly, til disk 5. Half way through, it stops reading and gives an error that some rpm wasn't readable or possibly corrupted. Only option it gave was to Reboot. So I did.
:confused:

Restarted, and so far everything looks okay, but where can I find out which rpm failed, and what didn't get installed from installation disk 5? How do I go back and install whatever is on disk 5?
You can still install Fedora without disc 5. Then just use yum to get whatever you don't have.