PDA

View Full Version : nVidia Screen Corrupted on startup

Menis
29th July 2006, 10:10 PM
Hellow
I have a problem, when i start fedora on init 5 the screen is corrupted until the gdm login is show, then is all ok, how i can fix this.

Thanks.

SlowJet
29th July 2006, 11:06 PM
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=25826

try resolution=1024x768
noprobe

and see if it helps

I think if you setup the monitor sections in the xorg.conf file to have only your monitor resolution and color depth, and freq's, then it may work better.

SJ

Menis
29th July 2006, 11:19 PM
not working, actually i have installed livna nvidia drivers, when show gdm login all working fine, this is strange, all work ok, only problems during startup.

SlowJet
29th July 2006, 11:23 PM
Yes, it is the probing that does that and the read-ahead is using cpu and interupts so a lot is happening at once.
What is your cpu and video card model?

SJ

Menis
29th July 2006, 11:30 PM
CPU: AMD 64 3200+
Video: MSI GeForce 6600 LE
Mother: MSI K8N Diamond
Distro: Fedora Core 5 x86

SlowJet
29th July 2006, 11:37 PM
OK, it's monitor related.

As I recall FC5 had some jumpiness at first but updates corrected it a lot.
Have you updated much?

SJ

Menis
30th July 2006, 08:49 AM
Fedora is up to date, i try whit 2 monitor, i have an LCD monitor, but i try whit an CRT monitor, is the same, i supose this is because the nvidia driver is loading after the startup screen is show, i don't have this problem whit fedora core 4, i go to see if a can make the driver load firts of other services.

wneumann
30th July 2006, 03:02 PM
The nvidia module loads early for me. Not sure why it wouldn't for you. But if you can't fix it a solution would be to remove the "rhgb quiet" at the end of the kernel line in grub.conf so that it only switches to graphical mode when it gets to gnome.

Menis
1st August 2006, 09:20 PM
The nvidia module loads early for me. Not sure why it wouldn't for you. But if you can't fix it a solution would be to remove the "rhgb quiet" at the end of the kernel line in grub.conf so that it only switches to graphical mode when it gets to gnome.

Yes thanks, taht is the best workaround. I go to try other stuff, but with taht i don't have any problems now.

Thanks again.