PDA

View Full Version : HFS+ Read-only, Sleep?

BenPeters
22nd July 2006, 08:19 AM
Hey everyone,
I just recently installed Fedora 5 on my last-gen AL powerbook g4 to play around with. It's been an interesting experience setting it up so far, but i've had fairly good luck. I got airport extreme up and running (if you need help with it, it's fresh on my mind right now...), the sound working, mp3 software, and a lot of other stuff.

I also added the following line in the "/etc/fstab" file to mount my Mac OS X partition during the boot process (I want to be able to access my music, pictures, and documents from OSX):
/dev/hda3 /mnt/MacOSX hfsplus defaults,noexec 0 0

According to online stuff that I've read, as well as the "man fstab" page, this should result in the HD being mounted as a read/write drive with binaries non-executable (which is what I want). Instead, it gives me a read-only drive. I've tried "sudo chmod" to attempt to change the permissions, but it insists that it is a "read-only filesystem" and therefore can't be changed (even when logged in as root). If anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated!

Oh, and I haven't had great luck with sleep... I downloaded and installed pbbuttonsd along with powerprefs, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything (the keyboard buttons still don't work). As a student, sleep is one of my favorite features of OSX (just the fact that you can open the computer, type in your password and be ready to take notes), so I'd really like to get it working...

Thanks!!!
-Ben