PDA

View Full Version : Blender display problem in FC5

heycosmo
22nd July 2006, 01:43 AM
Attached is a snapshot of blender after yum installing version 2.42. As you can see, the toolbar windows are completely fried and I can't fix them. Any advice? Fedora was completely updated before this happened.

I am using an oldie Radeon 7200 64mb video card.

Is this an OpenGL problem?

Should I be posting on a blender forum instead?

Thanks! I am a newbie.

Seve
22nd July 2006, 03:21 AM
Hello:
It may your video driver (opengl) issue? Dunno for sure, but I have blender 2..42 installed and do not have a similar issue. I am using Nvidia, however.
You might want to check out the blender site?
Seve

heycosmo
22nd July 2006, 05:11 AM
I've replaced the 2.42 blender installation with the 2.41 release and now everything works fine. That leads me to believe this is not an opengl problem because both versions use it.

heycosmo
22nd July 2006, 05:13 AM
I would really like to use 2.42, so any more help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

bryancole
22nd July 2006, 08:16 AM
I get the same problem with the FC5-Extras version of blender, using an NVidia graphics card. However, a 2.42 version downloaded directly from www.blender.org works fine. Thus, this problem doesn't seem to be the graphics card directly, although I'd guess it may be due to link-library paths or something (i.e. maybe the Extras version is calling the Mesa GL libs rather than the nvidia accelerated ones). The Extras version shows a lot of display lag (as well as being partly blacked out) which does suggest it's not using hardware acceleration.

heycosmo
22nd July 2006, 05:48 PM
I just installed the release off of blender.org and it is working fine. Thanks guys. Too bad about the Extras discrepancy.

akbowbender
22nd July 2006, 10:01 PM
I had to install from blender.org also. Tried the extras rpm on my desktop system with a nvidia 5500 and nvidia driver, and my laptop which has an ATI Raedon, and both had the same problem as the original poster.