PDA

View Full Version : Amarok, libmusicbrainz and MusicBrainz lookups

BoknesMonster
19th July 2006, 05:40 PM
Hi,
I've been searching for an answer to the following question for a while now, and have come up with nothing: does Amarok's "Fill in tags using MusicBrainz" button actually still work? Especially in Fedora? On my system (FC5), the button is available, but once clicked, its label changes to "Generating audio fingerprint..." (greyed out) and then stays like that for all eternity. I remember a time loooong ago when this used to work (I think it was still on Fedora 2, or maybe 3)....

I've checked out the Fedora Extras Amarok source RPM, and nothing seems to be wrong with the way the RPM gets built (i.e. --without-musicbrainz does get passed to configure). My system has got all the necessary RPMS and libs installed (however the libs are enforced by the amarok RPM anyhow):
libmusicbrainz-2.1.1-2.1
libtunepimp-0.4.2-3.fc5
amarok-1.4.1-2.fc5
amarok-extras-nonfree-1.4.1-2.lvn5

Sooo... I don't see how this problem can be fixed by building amarok from a downloaded source tarball (as an old thread about this issue suggested).

What could be causing this not to work? Does this button work for anyone out there using the RPM? Obviously I am missing something somewhere... :(

drunkahol
19th July 2006, 06:28 PM
Not to answer your point, but to back you up.

I found this button last night. Once clicked it sat there like an idiot and did nothing.

I ALSO sat there like an idiot and watched it do nothing for far too long before cancelling it!

Cheers

Duncan

BoknesMonster
3rd August 2006, 06:54 PM
Hi,
In case anyone out there is wondering, I installed libtunepimp-mp3 and libtunepimp-tools, and now the Musicbrainz lookups in Amarok work perfectly... I assume it's because of libtunepimp-mp3.

*sigh*
I can't imagine how I missed this RPM earlier... :rolleyes: (I happened to notice it just now while browsing through pirut).
Cheers!