PDA

View Full Version : cedega help

thomasbaker
16th July 2006, 07:12 PM
can anyone tell me how to do this please, fix the mount of cdrom read below. this is from http://transgaming.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6284

Are you using one of the newer distributions that automounts CDs using the volume name as the mount point? (like FC5) There could be a problem that prevents the mount point from working if it has spaces in the name. You could try the workaround of putting an entry for the CD in the /etc/fstab file (see the Fedora core forum if you don't know how to do that).

any help please, if i can get battlefield 2 to play it is good by windon'ts!!!!!!

thanks
thomas

Mat
17th July 2006, 01:15 AM
(Moved to Software)

Thetargos
17th July 2006, 12:06 PM
can anyone tell me how to do this please, fix the mount of cdrom read below. this is from http://transgaming.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6284

Are you using one of the newer distributions that automounts CDs using the volume name as the mount point? (like FC5) There could be a problem that prevents the mount point from working if it has spaces in the name. You could try the workaround of putting an entry for the CD in the /etc/fstab file (see the Fedora core forum if you don't know how to do that).

any help please, if i can get battlefield 2 to play it is good by windon'ts!!!!!!

thanks
thomas
Cedega is tricky, especially for FC5 users. Yes, you will have to enable an alternate mount point, that's the best way to get around this issue. I personally enable or disable (accordingly) the mount point(s) from fstab according to the application I want to run in Cedega.

What I did was add the following lines to fstab:

#/dev/hdg /media/cdrecorder auto pamconsole,user,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
#/dev/hdh /media/cdrecorder1 auto pamconsole,user,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
Whenever I run a game or application with Cedega, I simply uncomment accordingly. This was taken from Fedora Core 4, so be ware: Core 4 uses Pam controls so regular users are able to mount unmount volumes (like these and usb media, for instance). These controls are missing in FC5, and as such, only root will be able to mount/unmount the volumes (unless you add said controls, which I haven't done for a number of reasons). Hopefully Transgaming will reach a solution similar to that the Wine project found for the new CD/DVD media mount handling.

thomasbaker
18th July 2006, 12:09 AM
would these lines be the same on my computer?

thanks
thomas

Thetargos
18th July 2006, 12:27 AM
Well, they most probably will vary, as in my case since I have an expanssion IDE ATA card, the devices are hdg and hdh, but in your case they could hdb, hdc, hdd or whatever, check that... Other than that, the options and mount points should be the same.